Churros. Easy churros recipe with hot chocolate dipping sauce. Follw this recipe to learn how to make perfect churros. Printable Version. "These Mexican fritters are very common at fairs.
A churro is a fried-dough pastry—predominantly choux—based snack. Churros are traditional in Spain and Portugal, where they originated, as well as in the Philippines and Ibero-America. They are also consumed around the world, especially in the Southwestern United States, France. You can cook Churros using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Churros
- It's 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- It's 3 tbs of unsalted butter.
- It's 1 of tbspoon vegetable oil.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- You need 1 of tbspoon granulated sugar.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 4 cups of oil for frying.
- It's 1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar for coating.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
The Mexican version of a quick fried cake, churros are incredible tasty treats that couldn't be easier to make. Whether you want to craft them from scratch or are looking for a quicker fix. I have loved churros ever since I was a little girl wandering the streets of Tijuana. Homemade Churros are made with simple, pantry-staple ingredients and fried to golden perfection, these are easy to make at home!
Churros step by step
- In a large pan add enough oil to fill the pan about half way, heat it over medium heat to heat it to 375 degrees. You can also use a deep fryer.
- In a large saucepan, add the water, butter, vegetable oil, 1 Tbsp of sugar, vanilla and salt, bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to low and add the flour, stirring constantly until the mixture turns into a ball, cook this mixture for about 1 minute. (Remember to constantly stir) Add the dough into the bowl and add one egg a time and mixing well after each addition to make sure the egg is well combined. Spoon the dough into a piping bag fitted with a large sta.
- Pipe 5 inch ropes into the hot oil (be very careful) and make sure you only cook a few at a time so you don’t bring down the temperature of the oil. Cook them for a few minutes on each side or until deeply golden brown. Drain them on paper towels to remove excess oil and then dip them in the cinnamon sugar. Repeat with your remaining batter and serve right away! You can dip in nutella its a favorite snack for kids..
Homemade Churros are a classic favorite fried food! From Authentic Loop Churros to OREO Churros, you'll want. Churros are kind of the Spanish version of donuts. Taco Bell ripped them off with their Cinnamon Twists. The original Spanish churros were made with just flour and water (maybe some oil) dough.