Red Velvet Cake. Red velvet cake is traditionally a red, red-brown, crimson or scarlet-colored chocolate layer cake, layered with ermine icing. Traditional recipes do not use food coloring. Red velvet cake is a classic American dessert, but it's becoming more and more popular outside of Although cake flour is usually used for classic red velvet recipes to make it light, I wanted to stick to.
This cake is softer than Putting aside fiddly fancy decorated cakes, Red Velvet Cake is surely one of the most striking and. Red velvet cake has an acidic taste that comes from the use of buttermilk and vinegar as well as the cream cheese in the frosting. The acidity is balanced out by the sweetness of the cake itself. You can have Red Velvet Cake using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Red Velvet Cake
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- It's 1 1/2 cups of oil.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of white vinegar.
- Prepare 2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of cocoa.
- It's 1 oz of red food coloring.
- It's half of teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It's 1 cup of buttermilk.
The only Red Velvet Cake recipe you'll ever need! This is thee red velvet cake you need in your recipe box!! This is my version that I've tested and re-tested and tweaked and perfected. Amazing real red velvet cake recipe.
Red Velvet Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 Cream eggs sugar oil and vanilla on high for 2 minutes.
- Sift salt flour and cocoa in separate bowl.
- Add food coloring to egg mixture and blend for one minute.
- Alternate adding flour and buttermilk ending with flour to the egg mixture.
- Combine vinegar and baking soda then FOLD into batter DON'T over mix.
- Coat two 8 or 9 inch pans with oil and dust with flour.
- Add batter to pans and bake for 25-30 min until tooth pick comes out clean or with crumbs let it cool all the way.
- Ice with cream cheese icing and decorate with nuts (nuts are optional).
One bowl, one spatula, one amazing cake! The cake is very light and delicate and very moist. Remove the cakes from the oven and run a knife around the edges to loosen them from the sides of the pans. A Red Velvet Cake is instantly recognizable with its bright red color offset by a white Cream Cheese Frosting. There are many theories as to its origin.