Puerto Rican style gazpacho. This Puerto Rican gazpacho salad recipe uses salted codfish to bring a briny taste of the ocean to a mixture of avocado, onion, and tomato. As a reward, a rico gazpacho sandwich always awaited us- it was actually an avocado and cod salad. This classic Puerto Rican salad is very popular on the island and is known as 'gazpacho' in the south.
Today you are going to learn how to make Gazpacho de Puerto Rico. This is a cool cod salad that is so good to enjoy during the hot summers. Puerto Rican style gazpacho this is one of my Puerto Rican household delicacy growing up. You can have Puerto Rican style gazpacho using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Puerto Rican style gazpacho
- It's 1 packages of salted codfish.
- You need 1 large of avocado.
- Prepare 2 large of tomatoes.
- It's 1 large of onion.
- It's 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 dash of salt.
- It's 1 dash of black pepper.
Envienos su receta y en especial si tiene la receta Gazpacho. Do you have a Puerto Rican Recipe? Especially if you have a Gazpacho recipe. Place tomatoes in a large bowl put in the onion, garlic, cucumber, pepper and chile.
Puerto Rican style gazpacho step by step
- before starting put the cod to boil for 15 minutes so that the salt comes off.
- drain the water after 15 minutes, add new water and boil for another 20 minutes..
- while this is happening you can stay chopping your onions, avocado and tomatoes into tiny bite size pieces.
- after everything has been chopped drain the water from the pot and shred the cod into tiny bite size pieces as well.
- mix all the ingredients in a bowl add some olive oil with a tad of salt and black pepper and you are good to go.
- add the salt and pepper according to your tasting, this can also be eaten with bread. also served as a cold salad.
This classic recipe for Puerto Rican garbanzos guisados (stewed chickpeas) is a delicious, plant based dish side that's perfect with a side of white rice.. Fresh tomato season has finally returned again, which means that it's time to start making allllll the gazpacho. ♡ Puerto Rican gazpacho is a light & refreshing salad composed of flaky salt cod (bacalao), avocado, tomato, onion and olive oil. Pavochon: Thanksgiving Turkey Puerto Rican Style. The first time I had "gazpacho" here in the States I was so confused because in Puerto Rico, gazpacho is a salad type dish made out of avocados, tomatoes, and salt cod. There are many variations to this gazpacho but I like my mom's recipe because it is easy, light, and is packed full of nutrients.