Spicy Spaghetti Bolognese.
You can cook Spicy Spaghetti Bolognese using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Spaghetti Bolognese
- You need 500 g of Beef Steak Mince.
- Prepare 1 of Red Bell Pepper.
- It's 3-4 of Small Onions (chopped finely).
- It's 2 Cans of Chopped Tomatoes.
- You need 150 g of Button Mushrooms (chunky chopped).
- You need 2 tsp of hot chilli powder.
- It's 2 cloves of fresh garlic (crushed).
- It's 2 tsp of tomato paste/puree.
- You need 75 g of Spaghetti per person.
- Prepare of Parmesan Cheese (to serve).
- It's of Olive oil (to cook).
Spicy Spaghetti Bolognese step by step
- Fry the chopped onion and red pepper over a medium heat with a little olive oil for about 10 minutes..
- Add crushed garlic and allow to simmer for a further 3-4 minutes..
- Add two cans of chopped tomatoes and raise the heat a little. Fill one can halfway with water and add this to the mix also..
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of chilli powder and one teaspoon of white granulated sugar. The sugar helps to take away some of the acid from the tinned tomatoes..
- While the sauce still has a lot of liquid, add the quartered mushroom and cook for a further 5 minutes..
- Break up and stir in the minced beef, keeping a can of water handy in case the mixture becomes too thick. Cover and cook for 30 mins on a medium heat. If the sauce needs thickening, remove the cover..
- Cook your choice of pasta as per the instructions on the packet..
- Add around two teaspoons of tomato paste and stir through the sauce for 2-3 mins. Season with salt and cracked black pepper to taste..
- Serve up with grated parmesan over the top, and if you want a real treat, garlic bread on the side..