Crockpot salsa chicken. Crockpot Salsa Chicken can be served over rice, with tortilla or corn chips, douse with cheese and throw it in the oven. it's totally up to you! It's embarrassingly easy to make, full of flavor and so delicious! This Crockpot Salsa Chicken is quick, healthy, and packed with fall apart tender chicken!
Perfect on salads, bowls, tacos, burritos and more. This recipe is constantly on our weekly menu. Salsa Chicken - not verde - is probably the first dish I ever made in a slow cooker. You can cook Crockpot salsa chicken using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crockpot salsa chicken
- It's 5 lb of chicken (I used skinless thighs but you can use breast).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sazon tropical.
- You need 2 tbsp of poultry seasoning.
- It's 1 tbsp of kabob seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tajin clasico seasoning.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, chopped.
- It's 1 of lemon juice (optional).
- It's 10 oz of diced tomatoes & green chilies.
- You need 15 oz of chunky salsa.
It really couldn't have been easier; I poured a jar of salsa into the crock pot, arranged some chicken on top of that. Crockpot Salsa Chicken is happening on repeat here in our house! It's been the hero of our weekly meal prep story. Swoopin' in to save us from that often bland (and usually blah) chicken breast life.
Crockpot salsa chicken instructions
- I wash my chicken with lemon juice but you can wash yours however you like or not. Place chicken in a bowl & combine first 5 ingredients, work into chicken well. At this point you can place directly in crockpot or marinade for about 1 hour (the longer the better).
- After marinade place in crockpot with remaining ingredients on high for 2 hours, you will see chicken start to shred off the bone. I serve this with rice, noodle, baked potatoes or make them as sloppy joes, carnitas, soup or burritos style.
Here is an easy salsa chicken crockpot recipe that only requires a few ingredients and is a healthy slow cooker dinner for sure! Shred it and make tacos or serve it on top of rice for a delicious meal. Place shredded chicken back into the crock pot with remaining salsa, adjust seasoning to taste if needed and keep warm. To make this salsa chicken, just pop some raw chicken in a slow cooker. But the salsa chicken would work perfectly on just about any other Mexican chicken dish you can imagine — quesadillas.