GOULASH - Another old Recipe. Easy recipe for making a classic goulash. This recipe has nothing whatever to do with anything I think of as goulash, whether Hungarian, Austrian, German or even Danish, but it was a way to use ground meat for something other than meat balls. This easy old fashioned goulash recipe is so EASY to make and will remind you of the goulash or Johnny Marzetti that your grandma used to make!
If it needs a little more sugar, add the remaining half teaspoon. Just like you remember from childhood! This is such an old, old recipe, its super hearty and simple to throw together! You can cook GOULASH - Another old Recipe using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of GOULASH - Another old Recipe
- Prepare 1 lb of lean hamburger.
- Prepare 1/2 of medium onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of Bell pepper, diced.
- Prepare 1 can of stewed tomatoes (15 ozs.).
- Prepare 1 can of tomato sauce (15 ozs.).
- It's 3/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It's 1 tsp of Garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of Small elbow macaroni.
Its comfort food at its pan and there still wasn't enough room to add the pasta, so I had to transfer a bit to another pan. You don't use ground meat nor macaroni for goulash. Add the carrots, tomatoes, potatoes, beef broth, bay leaf, salt and pepper. The Difference Between American and Hungarian Goulash.
GOULASH - Another old Recipe instructions
- Brown burger adding onions and green bell peppers..
- Add seasonings, tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes and water to skillet..
- Let sauce simmer a minimum of one hour..
- Bring water to a full boil in 6 quart kettle. Add olive oil before adding macaroni..
- I measure the macaroni in a 2 Cup measuring cup bringing the level to the brim of the cup..
- Add macaroni to water in kettle when water comes to a full rolling boil. Cook for 10 minutes then drain and rinse with hot water..
- Put cooked macaroni back in original kettle and add sauce to the kettle and stir it in good..
- Serve alone or with garlic bread and/or salad as a side..
Hungarian goulash, on the other hand, is more of a stew, prepared with cubes of beef (often chuck roast) and vegetables swimming in a paprika-kissed tomato broth. An authentic Hungarian goulash recipe for one of Hungary's most famous dishes. An authentic Hungarian goulash recipe is definitely made with lard. This Goulash from Delish.com is comfort food at its finest. If you've made this recipe, we'd love to know your thoughts!