Jeremiah's 3 Sisters Soup.
You can have Jeremiah's 3 Sisters Soup using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jeremiah's 3 Sisters Soup
- It's 1 lb of (bag) dry pinto beans.
- Prepare 2 of acorn squash, mashed.
- Prepare 1 lb of (bag) frozen sweet corn.
- You need 1 lb of (package) bacon, diced.
- It's 2 qt. of (large can) chicken stock.
- It's 1 of sweet onion, diced.
- It's 1 of bulb garlic, diced.
Jeremiah's 3 Sisters Soup instructions
- Soak soup beans overnight..
- Place the dry beans and broth in a large pan on low and simmer..
- Cut the squash in half and clean out the seeds..
- Bake in a dish with one inch of water until squash is tender..
- Remove from rind, mash, and add to soup..
- Add the diced bacon to a cold pan and heat to medium rendering off the fat. Add bacon bits to soup..
- In the grease, brown the onion and garlic and add to the soup..
- Add the corn and cook covered until beans are tender. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with cornbread..