Shredded Hawaiian Chicken - Crockpot Recipe.
You can have Shredded Hawaiian Chicken - Crockpot Recipe using 24 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shredded Hawaiian Chicken - Crockpot Recipe
- Prepare 2 of lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 3 large breasts).
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of pineapple juice.
- It's 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- It's 1/4 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It's 1/2 tsp. of lime juice.
- It's 1/4 tsp. of liquid smoke.
- It's 1 tsp. of sriracha (use more for more spice).
- It's 2 tbsp. of honey.
- You need 2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of minced garlic.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of black ground pepper.
- It's 1/4 tsp. of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of smoked paprika.
- It's 1/4 cup of cold water.
- It's 1 tbsp. of cornstarch.
- It's of Suggested for serving :.
- It's of ·King's Hawaiian Burger Rolls.
- It's of ·Pineapple rings.
- Prepare of or.
- It's of ·Jasmine or Basmati Rice OR Quinoa.
- It's of ·Sesamee Seeds.
- It's of ·Scallions.
- You need of ·Diced Onion.
Shredded Hawaiian Chicken - Crockpot Recipe instructions
- Start by trimming the fat off of the chicken breasts. Lightly grease the slow cooker and place the breasts down in the bottom..
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients EXCEPT for the cold water and cornstarch..
- Pour the pineapple mixture over the chicken breasts..
- Set the slow cooker to low for 6-7 hours (or high for 3-4) depending on how long you'd like to have it cooking..
- Once the cook time is up, take the chicken breasts out of the slow cooker and let them rest on a cutting board for about 5 minutes. The chicken should be very tender and falling apart. Then using 2 forks or your fingers, shred the chicken. Once shredded, set aside..
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the cold water and the cornstarch. Carefully transfer the liquid from the crockpot to a medium saucepan. Whisk in the cornstarch slurry and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened (should reach a syrupy consistency)... this will only take a few minutes..
- Toss the shredded chicken in the thickened pineapple sauce and stir to coat it all. Serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers..
- For serving, we used toasted King's Hawaiian Burger Rolls and topped with melted provolone cheese and pineapple rings. Then used whatever additional toppings we wanted (lettuce, tomatoes, onion, etc...)..
- This chicken is also pretty tasty served over rice or quinoa, sprinkled with diced pineapple, diced onions, sesamee seeds and scallions -->.