Veg chow mein. Veg Chow Mein is a very tasty and popular stir-fried vegetable noodle dish from China. It's also one of the most popular street foods in India and a lot of other countries. It's strange but Veg Chow Mein is.
This is loaded with vegetables and flavored with different sauces. Veg chow mein is basically stir fried noodles with lots of veggies. The veg chow mein recipe is very versatile with you adding your choice of noodles and veggies. You can have Veg chow mein using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Veg chow mein
- Prepare 1 Packet of Hakka Noodles.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Oil.
- You need 1 cup of shredded Cabbage.
- You need 2-3 of sliced sticks Carrot.
- You need 1 of capsicum.
- It's 1 Tbsp of Ginger Garlic Paste.
- Prepare of Salt and Pepper.
- Prepare 3-4 of Onion sliced.
- It's 2 Tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of White Wine Vinegar.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of Chilli Sauce.
- It's 1/2 Tsp of Sugar.
Veg chow mein is an easy and instant noodles that you will enjoy for dinner or lunch. This veg chow mein noodles recipe is a simple stir fried noodles with loads of veggies and a mix of sauces. Flavor-packed Veg Chow Mein or Hakka noodles is a quick and easy meal. Better than take-out - so healthy, fresh, and unbelievably delicious!
Veg chow mein instructions
- Bring 4-5 cups of water to boil in a pan.Once it starts boiling, add big pinch of salt and noodles.Let it cook for 4-5 minutes or as per the package instruction. Noodles should be soft, not mushy.Drain the water. Run under running cold water to stop the cooking process.Then add little oil and toss the noodles so they do not stick to each other. Keep it aside..
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat.Once hot add chopped ginger, garlic and celery. Stir and saute for 30-40 seconds. Do not brown the garlic.Now add sliced onions and cook till onions get soft and translucent..
- Then add all the veggies (carrot, capsicum, cabbage). Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes only. Veggies are just soft, do not overcook them..
- Now add soy sauce, ketchup, chilli sauce and vinegar. Mix well and let the sauce get heated through.At this time add salt and pepper to taste.Add boiled noodles..
- Toss everything together till noodles is coated with sauce mixture well. Once noodles get heated through, turn off the gas..
- Serve hot with paneer chilli..
This veg chow mein sauce is without fish or oyster sauce and therefore it's a vegan chow mein recipe if you use noodles without eggs. For Gluten-free, simply use gluten-free egg noodles. Veg Chow mein is a favourite among kids and is liked by everyone. Use vegetables in a higher quantity, which will make the food tasty and healthy at the same time. What vegetables should I use in chow mein?