Vickys Moroccan-Style Chicken & Tzatziki, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Moroccan-Style Chicken & Tzatziki, GF DF EF SF NF using 23 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Moroccan-Style Chicken & Tzatziki, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 4 of skinless chicken breasts.
- It's 1 of juice of half a lemon.
- It's of Moroccan-Style Rub.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground allspice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of fresh black pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare of Tzatziki.
- It's 100 grams of unsalted cashew nuts*.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 2 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 of cucumber.
- It's 1 handful of fresh chopped garden mint leaves.
- You need 1 handful of fresh chopped dill.
- Prepare 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
- It's 1 of extra salt for cucumber.
- It's of Rainbow Cous Cous.
- You need 1 of see my recipe link below.
Vickys Moroccan-Style Chicken & Tzatziki, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Mix the rub ingredients to form a paste.
- Pat the chicken dry and rub the spice paste over the whole surface. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, soak the cashews in warm water for an hour then drain and rinse.
- Put the cashews into a blender with the oil, lemon juice and garlic and puree smooth. If the blender is having trouble, add a little rice or almond milk to get it going. Don't add too much, the puree needs to be thick.
- Grate the cucumber into a bowl and salt it generously. Don't worry, you won't be eating all that salt! Toss it in the salt and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze the cucumbers to get rid of the salty water. You can do it with your hand or pat them in a clean tea towel.
- Add them to the cashew mixture with the chopped mint, dill, salt and pepper. Mix together and check the seasoning is to your liking. Add extra of anything you want more of. Cover & chill until needed.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6 / 200C / 400°F and line a baking tray with foil. Let the chicken sit out while the oven gets to temperature.
- Bake the chicken for 20 - 25 minutes or until the juices run clear. While it rests, squeeze over the juice of half a lemon over each piece of chicken.
- Meanwhile make the cous cous by following my recipe directions. You can cut the cous cous down to 150g if you like as that recipe serves 5 but it really is delicious so you may like some leftovers! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/333191-vickys-rainbow-cous-cous-gf-df-ef-sf-nf.
- Slice the chicken and serve on a bed of cous cous with some tzatziki on the side.
- This is a great meal for having friends over as it's great to serve the cous cous in big dish so everyone can help themselves. It's also delicious hot or cold so any leftovers can be had as a salad or made into a fabulous sandwich.
- See also my carrot & date side dish! Vickys Moroccan-Style Carrot & Date Salad, GF DF EF SF NF https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/352550-vickys-moroccan-style-carrot-date-salad-gf-df-ef-sf-nf.