Coconut crusted cod with honey lemon aioli. Mild-tasting, meaty cod filets are coated with a crispy crumb crust and served with a bright, citrusy lemon aioli. This panko crusted cod is a family This recipe calls for panko cod fillets to be fried in oil, which does add fat and calories to the dish. Choose a heart-healthy oil like corn oil or light olive oil.
It introduces an extra hint of tropical flavor while acting as the glue for the panko crumbs and shredded. Serve with Mango Aioli and your favorite rice or couscous. To give the cod a golden crust, Melissa Rubel Jacobson dusts it with finely milled Wondra flour before cooking. You can have Coconut crusted cod with honey lemon aioli using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coconut crusted cod with honey lemon aioli
- Prepare 2 of cod filets.
- It's 1 cup of coconut flakes. unsweetened.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of cornstarch.
- It's 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coarse sea salt.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of honey.
- Prepare tsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
The creamy preserved-lemon aioli she serves alongside the fish is also a terrific dipping sauce for roasted potatoes. Drizzle with lemon juice and oil; sprinkle with garlic, thyme, salt, pepper, and paprika, and lightly rub it in. Crunchy Panko Fish Sticks with Quick Lemon-Herb Aioli. Grilled Lemon Pepper Halibut and Squash Foil Packs.
Coconut crusted cod with honey lemon aioli step by step
- Heat Olive oil in pan on medium.
- Soak cod filets in egg wash.
- Add cayenne, salt, and pepper to cornstarch. Keep this in shallow dish..
- Dredge egg soaked filets in cornstarch mixture then into egg wash again then into coconut. Reserve 2 tablespoons of coconut for aioli..
- Place lightly into hot oil. Flip filets Browning each side. Once cooked on all four sides, place on paper bag to drain oil..
- Make aioli. Combine mayo, lemon juice, honey and coconut..
- Enjoy fish with a dollop of aioli..
A moist and tender fish full of flavor with beer, almonds, bread crumbs and fresh thyme. A light breading, high heat and a drizzle of. · If you're looking for an easy fish recipe that is loaded with flavor, then this blackened cod with corn mango salsa is for you. Meanwhile, make the aïoli: stir together the ingredients with some seasoning, then chill. Put the chorizo and its oil in a food processor and pulse until broken into small chunks. Add the breadcrumbs, almonds, lemon zest, seasoning and half the olive oil, then blitz to a crumb.