Sausage Jambalaya (Mild). Visit The Site To Check Out The History, Recipes & Any FAQs. Add crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, rice, cumin, and cajun seasoning. In heavy skillet, saute the sausage, onion, green pepper and garlic in oil until vegetables are tender.
Stir in the tomatoes with juice, broth, thyme, cayenne pepper and bay leaf and heat to a boil. Remove the kielbasa to a bowl, and set aside. Jambalaya is a hallmark of the Creole cuisine. You can have Sausage Jambalaya (Mild) using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sausage Jambalaya (Mild)
- Prepare 225 g of sausages low fat / 8 oz ..
- It's 125 g of rice long grain / 4½ oz ..
- Prepare 125 g of onion (chopped) / 4½ oz ..
- Prepare 62.5 g of carrot (chopped) / 2½ oz ..
- Prepare 62.5 g of red pepper (chopped) / 2½..
- It's 62.5 g of mushrooms (chopped) / 2½ oz ..
- Prepare 62.5 g of peas (frozen) / 2½ oz ..
- It's 25 g of sweet corn (frozen) / 1 oz ..
- You need 150 ml of water cold / 5 fl . oz ..
- It's 1 300 ml of chicken stock water cube in boiling / 10 fl . oz ..
- It's 1 of vegetable stock cube.
- You need 75 g of cheese low fat processed (this is equivalent to four laughing cow etra light triangles) / 2½ oz ..
- You need ½ teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need of “ Spray2Cook ” (a word used to describe any low-cal. non-stick cook’s oil spray).
It is a versatile dish that combines cooked rice with a variety of ingredients that can include tomatoes, onion, green peppers and almost any kind of meat, poultry or shellfish. The dish varies widely from cook to cook. Some think the name derives from the French word jambon, meaning ham, the main ingredient in many of the first jambalayas. Not until I made this delicious and flavorful version.
Sausage Jambalaya (Mild) step by step
- Put the rice in a saucepan on high heat with the cold water. When it is boiling turn the heat down to simmer and stir in the vegetable stock cube. When the liquid has mostly evaporated turn off the heat and set aside..
- Spray a fry pan with Spray2Cook and put on a medium to high heat. Fry the sausages for 5minutes until evenly brown all over then set aside..
- Whilst the sausages are cooking microwave the carrot and onion for 3 minutes adding the pepper for the last 45 seconds..
- After removing the sausages re-spray the fry pan with Spray2Cook and add the microwaved vegetables. Add the other vegetables and stir fry everything on medium heat for 3 minutes. Add the moist rice. Stir through half the chicken stock (hot)..
- Cut the sausages cut into bit size pieces The sausages may not be cooked through but the further cooking will be sufficient. Add the sausages to the pan..
- Add the other half the chicken stock (hot) gradually and cook until all the liquid has nearly evaporated. Test the rice..
- If more cooking is required add a little more boiling water..
- Whilst the there remains a little liquid divide the cheese into small portions and spread across the pan, when the cheese is fluid mix in well to cover all the jambalaya ingredients..
- Serve in warmed plates /bowls..
Typical Jambalaya can be really spicy, which is not appealing to most kids. This version still has the yummy Jambalaya flavor, just with a more mild heat making it the perfect veggie packed dinner for kids. Jambalaya Recipe - Easy, tasty, one pot recipe for Jambalaya prepared with rice, chicken, shrimp, and sausages. Capture the flavor of New Orleans with this easy Jambalaya recipe from Johnsonville Kitchens! This dish uses Johnsonville Andouille Sausage to give this meal the perfect flavor.