Sweet Potato and Spinach soup.
You can cook Sweet Potato and Spinach soup using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato and Spinach soup
- You need 2 large of sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 3 medium of red potatoes.
- You need 1 large of onion.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced carrots.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced celery.
- You need 1 small of avocado.
- Prepare 1 cup of low fat sour cream.
- It's 1 can of nonfat evaporated milk.
- You need 3 of chicken bouillon cubes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of basil.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- It's 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of splenda or other nonsugar sweetener.
- Prepare 6 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 can of spinach (or fresh or frozen spinach).
Sweet Potato and Spinach soup step by step
- Peel and dice sweet potatoes. Add to crockpot and cover with water..
- Add bouillon cubes..
- Peel and dice red potatoes and carrots and add to pot..
- Dice celery and onion. Add to pot. Add water to cover..
- Add evaporated milk, thyme, basil and nutmeg..
- Drain and rinse canned spinach. If using fresh, then shred leaves. Add to pot..
- Mash avocado and add to sour cream. Stir to blend and add to pot..
- Add cinnamon to sugar substitute, mix and add to pot..
- Add water if needed to cover ingredients. Cook on high for ~3 hours or until vegetables are done. Remove from heat..
- Use a blender or food processor to puree soup into a creamy blend. Serve garnished with a touch of nutmeg or a cinnamon stick..