You can have Vegetable Chow-mein using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegetable Chow-mein
- You need 200 g of egg noodles.
- It's 2 of carrots,julienned.
- You need 1/2 of green bell pepper, cut into strips.
- You need 1/2 of red bell pepper, cut into strips.
- It's 5-6 of spring onions, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of cabbage, sliced into strips.
- You need 1 tsp of saltwater.
- It's 1/2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp of sweet chilli sauce.
- It's 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
Vegetable Chow-mein step by step
- Bring salted water to a boil. Add the noodles. and cook for 6-8 minutes. Use a colander drain them and then rinse by cold water. It will keep separate noodles and doses not let stick together..
- Heat the oil in a wok. Add chopped bell peppers and carrots. Sauté for 3-4 minutes. Keep stirring as you cook on a high flame..
- Then add, chopped cabbage, toss them and stir until you smell them. and mix together.Allow to saute for 3-4 minutes..
- Now, add boiled noodles, and now for seasoning we add ketchup, followed by soy sauce which give more salty taste and colour, vinegar,.
- Sweet chilli sauce, salt and pepper and finally we finish the cooking with some sesame oil which give lovely taste to our dish..
- Give a good toss and serve it..