Eggplant musakka (Moussaka). An authentic, delicious recipe for Eggplant Moussaka- perfect for entertaining or serving at a special gathering. This classic Greek moussaka recipe is made by layering eggplant and potatoes with a spiced meat filling and topping it with a béchamel sauce. Traditionally, the eggplant slices are fried but there's plenty of recipes (even from Greek cookbooks) that grill/broil, bake or BBQ the eggplant.
Lebanese Moussaka Or Maghmour - طريقة تحضير المسقعة - Eggplant recipe. Grilled Eggplant Moussaka. this link is to an external site that may or may. In this video, we are going to show you a special taste, Eggplant Moussaka. You can have Eggplant musakka (Moussaka) using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eggplant musakka (Moussaka)
- Prepare 2 of eggplant cut into cubes.
- You need 1 lb. of ground beef.
- You need 2 of tomatoes.
- It's 4 of ry green pepper cut into halves.
- You need 2 of onions diced.
- Prepare 3 tbs of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 tbs of or more salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare As needed of frying oil.
This is one of the most favorite dishes in Turkey. This moussaka recipe is a classic Greek comfort food. Layers of potatoes, eggplant and spiced meat sauce make it very comforting! Adds a custom recipe to the game - Eggplant Moussaka Classic Eggplant based recipe with many regional variations, the.
Eggplant musakka (Moussaka) step by step
- Cut the tips off and peel longwise.
- Cut and keep in salted water for 20 mins. (put some weight over a dish or something to keep them floating).
- Set oven for 375, cut onions and wash and parsley too. Heat 2 tbs. oil in a frying pan add onions, sautéed, then add ground beef and parsley, 2 tbs spoon of tomato paste, stir,when ground beef change its color add 1 cup of hot water boil and cover, let simmer for 15 mins..
- Take off and squeeze off water from them. Add generously some vegetable oil, start frying egg plant. Avoid overcrowding the pan. Turn them, after they got brown set aside over paper towel covered dish or something..
- Transfer eggplants into a 3 cm deep baking dish, then cover with ground beef mix, cut pepper and tomatoes. Decorate the dish. Mix 2 tbs of water with 1 tbs. of tomato paste, pour over eggplant.bake until tomatoes and peppers get brownish. 1/2 hour or so..
- Serve with rice and some plain yogurt..
- You can keep left overs in the freezer in a tight container.
A good moussaka—a baked casserole of eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, and minced lamb or beef under a lush layer of béchamel sauce—is one of the most fabulous things you can. When choosing the right eggplant, look for those with the right length and circumference. The perfect size is about the dimension of a large pear. Moussaka is a layered Eastern Mediterranean casserole dish made with eggplant or potato, a ground meat sauce, and a Greek yogurt and egg layer. Moussaka is probably one of my ultimate favorite comfort foods of all times!