Shredded Soy Sauce Chicken.
You can cook Shredded Soy Sauce Chicken using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shredded Soy Sauce Chicken
- It's 3 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thigh.
- You need 2 teaspoons of ginger powder.
- It's 2 of scallions, cut into 3-inch pieces and smashed flat.
- Prepare 2 of whole star anise.
- It's 180 ml of light soy sauce.
- Prepare 180 ml of shaoxing wine.
- You need 150 ml of dark soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It's 5 cups of water.
Shredded Soy Sauce Chicken step by step
- Mix all the ingredients but chicken in a slow cooker. Stir it..
- Put the chicken inside. Cook on low heat for 6 hours..
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and set it on cutting board. Shred the meat with two forks and then toss it back in the sauce. Drain it before serving with the bun..
- You can freeze the remaing sauce/cooking liquid for use again later (though you may have to re-season the sauce)..