Stilton Spaghetti Carbonara.
You can have Stilton Spaghetti Carbonara using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stilton Spaghetti Carbonara
- It's 300 g of Spaghetti or Any other pasta like Rigatoni.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- It's 100 g of Parmigiano Reggiano if you don't want to use blue cheese then use 150g of parm.
- Prepare 50 g of Stilton or half the amount of Parm cheese.
- Prepare 2-4 cloves of Garlic alternatively you could just use 2tspn of Garlic powder to save a step and garlicky fingers.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Black Pepper everyone loves a peppery Carbs right?!.
- Prepare 200 g of Lardon or any kind of bacon will do.
Stilton Spaghetti Carbonara step by step
- Start by putting the salt into a pot of water and bring it to a boil then put in the spaghetti when the water is at a rolling boil..
- Now while the pasta is cooking we can get everything ready for the dish. Get the garlic, crush, peel the skin and coarsely chop and save for later(if you're using the powder you can ignore this bit.).
- Get your eggs and split 3 yolks from the whites with your last egg, crack and put the whole thing whites and all into the yolk bowl. Now you should have 3 egg yolks and 1 whole egg in a bowl. Leave the whites, make a healthy omelette later or whatever..
- Get your Parmesan cheese and grate it all in or if you used pre-grated just plop it in..
- Corsley chop your blue cheese as much as you can depending on which one you get like the harder ones you can just crumble it and put it into the parm and egg mixture and whisk briefly..
- It's time to fry up the bacon bits! Slice up your bacon and throw it into a pan on med/high heat, your pasta should be half down around now depending on how fast or slow you're working..
- While the bacon is browning, grab your egg mixture and begin whisking again, while whisking slowly pour in a ladle of pasta water and your pepper once incorporated stop whisking. this process loosens the mixture a little bit and will help make a beautiful cheese sauce when poured onto the pasta it'll also temper the eggs if that's the right word?.
- The bacon should be browning and crisping up now. They'll also release all this fat and beautiful flavour into the pan and by this point, you can add the garlic don't cook or brown the garlic too much..
- After the garlic gets fragrant and fills the air the pasta should be ready. Turn off the heat to everything, put your bacon and garlic pan away from the heat, drain the pasta and pour it into the bacon and garlic tossing it around..
- While the pan is off the heat it'll still be hot and ready for the eggs, now pour the eggs all around the pan and mix into the pasta. It is crucial at this point that this pan is definitely off the heat otherwise you'll get scrambled cheesy pasta eggs and its not too appetizing..
- You're ready to serve! After mixing all these beautiful ingredients they'll all start emulsifying together and really start getting to know each other. I like serving it in the pan and letting everyone help themselves. Oh and you cant put some more parm on top to add that little bit more cheesy flavour!.