Oven baked felafel over Tzatziki-like sauce. Line a baking sheet with paper towels and add the chickpeas. It still needs to be granular, not smooth like hummus… and should look something like this. To achieve this you must pulse, scrape sides, repeat.
While the oven is getting hot, line a baking pan with foil and brush with olive oil. Remove from oven and let falafel cool on pan for a minute or two before removing to plates or pitas with a spatula. Serve in a whole-grain pita with leaf lettuce and plenty of Tzatziki Sauce. You can cook Oven baked felafel over Tzatziki-like sauce using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Oven baked felafel over Tzatziki-like sauce
- You need 7 ounces of Chickpeas.
- Prepare 1 number of garlic.
- You need 1/2 number of onion.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of parsley.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of cilantro.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of cumin.
- You need to taste of cayenne pepper.
- It's to taste of salt.
- It's to taste of pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of oil.
- It's 1/2 number of cucumber.
- It's 1 bunch of garlic.
- It's 4 ounces of greek yogurt.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of oil.
- You need to taste of salt.
- Prepare to taste of pepper.
The top and bottom should have a little brown on This Baked Spinach Falafel wrap definitely hit the spot, and you better believe I was piling on the extra tzatziki sauce. I wish that I had some pitas on. Falafel Recipe - How To Make Falafel With Chickpeas-Healthy Gluten Free Chana Tikki These baked falafel have been in my lunch and dinner meal rotation for years now.
Oven baked felafel over Tzatziki-like sauce instructions
- Preheat the oven at 400°F.
- Put all the felafel ingredients in a blender and blend them roughly (it has to remain a bit chuncky)..
- Coat the bottom of a baking pan with a little oil.
- Take out one spoon of mixture at a time from the blender, roll a ball, press it an put it in the pan.
- Cook for 30 minutes, flip them and keep cooking for 15 more minutes (keep an eye on them in the meantime). They should come out brown an crunchy on both sides..
- While they are cooking, prepare the sauce. Start by peeling the cucumber, discard the internal seedy part and cut it into small cubes (no blender this time!) - you can put them in a bowl with some salt and drain them before mixing all the ingredients together..
- Chop the garlic cloves in tiny bits..
- Put all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix them. Refrigerate until the felafel are ready..
- Put the sauce on a plate and serve the felafel on top of it..
You can make a huge batch, warm the leftovers for weekday lunches, and generally enjoy falafel whenever the fancy strikes. To serve: Pita pockets, store-bought or homemade. This crispy baked falafel recipe is so easy to make and tastes incredible! Serve your falafel in pita sandwiches or salads. Sauce: Something creamy like tzatziki, hummus, or tahini sauce, and maybe a spicy How to double this recipe: Preheat the oven with two oven racks near the center of the oven.