Autumn Sweet Potato Chowder with Kale and Sausage.
You can have Autumn Sweet Potato Chowder with Kale and Sausage using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Autumn Sweet Potato Chowder with Kale and Sausage
- Prepare 2 of large sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of Large shallot or yellow onion.
- It's 2 Links of Italian Sausage.
- Prepare 6 cups of Kale.
- It's 2 of large carrots.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- It's 1 cup of heavy cream or whole milk.
- You need 5 cups of Chicken broth.
- You need 3 cups of water.
- It's 2 Tbsp of flour.
- It's 1 Tbsp of Kosher salt.
- It's 1-2 of Tblsp of shredded Parmesan Cheese.
Autumn Sweet Potato Chowder with Kale and Sausage instructions
- Peel and cube sweet potatoes and carrots into 1 inch pieces.
- In a large pot add Olive oil turn to medium heat chop up scallions add to pot with Salt saute for a 1 minute add potatoes and carrots saute for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and water to pot then add Kale to combine cook for 1.5 hours or until potatoes start to soften..
- Take sausage out of casings chop up and with a saute pan add sausage to medium high heat and cook until browned add to chowder pot..
- In small bowl add flour and milk whisk till combined add to pot stir to combine simmer on medium heat for 20 minutes till thickened add black pepper or crushed red pepper flakes.
- After 20 minutes check potatoes with got to for doneness fork should go through potato.
- Once cooked through serve in bowl I toasted up some scampi bread topped chowder with shredded Parmesan Cheese enjoy😙😙.