Japanese Potato Salad. Japanese Potato Salad (ポテトサラダ) is a little different from typical versions of American potato salad. The potatoes are roughly mashed, so it's kind of like mashed potatoes with all the colorful. This is a typical basic Japanese potato salad which everyone likes 💖It is usually made with mashed potatoes and colorful vegetables.
Small pieces of carrots, cucumbers, onions, ham and eggs make it visually appealing. Japanese potato salad: a creamy potato salad of partially mashed potatoes dotted with crunchy carrots, cucumbers and scallions, and tossed with a zesty mustard-vinegar-mayo dressing. Japanese versions of Western dishes, known as yōshoku cuisine, may look like the originals that inspired them, but the flavor is unmistakably Japanese. You can cook Japanese Potato Salad using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Japanese Potato Salad
- It's 250 g of Potato.
- It's 15 g of Onion.
- Prepare 1/4 of Carrot, thinly sliced and boil.
- You need 1/4 of Cucumber, thinly sliced.
- You need 2 Slices of Ham, cut into small square pieces.
- Prepare 50 g of Mayonnaise.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Sugar.
- It's 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 2 Dashes of Black Pepper.
Take this semi-mashed potato salad, which. "His Japanese potato salad was always perfect and had just the right texture with a secret Japanese Potato Salad. This is a recipe for basic Japanese potato salad. It's made frequently at home and often finds its way into bento boxes (lunch boxes). It is delicious on its own, as well as in a sandwich.
Japanese Potato Salad instructions
- Boil potatoes with skin until cooked.
- Mix Mayo with sugar and black pepper and set aside.
- Peel hot potato using towel,break with spatula and add salt and onions while hot, mix well and let it cool.
- Then mix with cucumber, ham, carrot, mayo..
- Chill in the fridge and enjoy :).
Japanese potato salad has a mild, creamy flavor, with no acidic undertone; unlike American or German style potato salads, no vinegar is used. It's seasoned only with salt and a little pepper. Japanese Potato Salad is similar to American potato salad; semi-smashed boiled potatoes mixed with mayonnaise. Still doesn't sound like Japanese food, does it? Japanese Potato Salad. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.