Cauliflower Steak with Chimichurri Sauce. Read: They're a quick and easy vegetarian alternative for Thanksgiving. Spoon herb sauce onto finished "steaks." This content is imported from embed-name. You may be able to find the same content in another.
When cleaning the cauliflower leaves, leave some of the stalk on the cauliflower. The stalk will help hold the florets together. Slice the cauliflower or chop into florets. You can cook Cauliflower Steak with Chimichurri Sauce using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cauliflower Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
- Prepare 1 of full cauliflower.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- It's 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric (optional).
- Prepare As required of Chimichurri Sauce.
- It's 1 cup of firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley, trimmed of thick stems.
- Prepare 3-4 of garlic cloves.
- You need 2 teaspoons or 2 tbsp of dried oregano or fresh oregano leaves.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- It's 2 tablespoons of red or white wine vinegar.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of red chilli flakes.
Blend the chimichurri sauce with a few tbsp of water and set aside. In this stunning, healthy cauliflower recipe, a head of cauliflower is cut into thick slabs then roasted until caramelized and served with chimichurri, a garlic-herb sauce. The cauliflower steaks make a fine accompaniment to actual steaks, or better still, serve them on their own as a vegetarian. Who knew cauliflower could taste so good - this recipe is downright addicting!
Cauliflower Steak with Chimichurri Sauce instructions
- Stir in the olive oil, vinegar, salt, oregano, pepper, and red chilli flakes in a bowl.Add chopped parsley and garlic. Adjust seasonings..
- To prepare Cauliflower Steak, remove the outer green leaves from the head of cauliflower and trim the stem. Using a large knife cut the cauliflower in half lengthwise through the centre..
- Cut a 1- 1/2 inch thick steak from each half of the cauliflower. If the head is large, carefully cut one more steak from each of the cut sides.Repeat process with the other head of cauliflower. Trim any florets not connected to the stem..
- Place cauliflower steaks on a rimmed baking sheet.Drizzle olive oil on both sides of each cauliflower steak.Evenly sprinkle the seasonings on both sides of the cauliflower steaks..
- Preheat oven to 260 C.Bake the cauliflower steaks at 180 C for 10 minutes. Gently flip the cauliflower steak and roast until a golden-brown crust forms on both sides, about 6 to 8 minutes..
- Transfer cauliflower steaks to a serving platter and garnish with chimichurri sauce..
Cauliflower is such a fun vegetable because it can be morphed into so many different recipes in the kitchen. This week, we're bringing you these savory Cauliflower Steaks paired with a Chimichurri Sauce recipe! As we mentioned before, cauliflower is super versatile. Jassy's here to show you a great vegan barbecue option. Char these chunky cauliflower steaks on the barbecue and serve with chimichurri, a sharp green.