Lebanese Zucchini with Yoghurt Sauce (Kousa billaban). Meanwhile make the yogurt sauce and drop the partially cooked zucchini in the yogurt sauce and continue cooking A delicious Lebanese stuffed zucchini in a tangy yogurt sauce. The best and easy delicious stuffed zucchini yogurt. Lebanese stuffed zucchini with yogrut,arabic stuffed zucchini with sauce. done on my easy peasy.
It's very fulfilling, you can eat it like soup or with a side of white plain rice. Kousa is a local veggie here in Jordan and other middle eastern countries. Add crushed garlic with dried mint to mixture. You can cook Lebanese Zucchini with Yoghurt Sauce (Kousa billaban) using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lebanese Zucchini with Yoghurt Sauce (Kousa billaban)
- It's 1 kg of Lebanese zucchini (choose the small or medium ones).
- It's 1/2 kg of mince beef.
- Prepare 1 cup of medium grain rice.
- It's 1 tsp of salt.
- It's 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare of Yoghurt sauce:.
- You need 3 cups of Greek yoghurt.
- It's 1 tsp of mint flake.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano flake.
- It's 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves (finely chopped).
- It's 3 cups of water.
It is very simple and the combo of zucchini and yogurt is much beloved here in Lebanon as well. Heat the olive oil and fry the zucchini slices in oil till golden and a bit softened. ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon. Cut each zucchini in half lengthways. This can be done with an apple corer, but be careful not to pierce the skins of the zucchini.
Lebanese Zucchini with Yoghurt Sauce (Kousa billaban) step by step
- Using the corer knife, core the zucchini core to make it ready to be stuffed. Put aside..
- Preheat pan, cook mince beef without oil until well cooked, put aside..
- Wash medium grain rice in a bowl, add cooked mince beef salt, and peper. mix well..
- Stuff rice and mince beef into zucchinis, put aside..
- Prepare large cooking pot, put yoghurt and water, mix them well. Put the pot on the medium heat, keep stiring the yoghurt until it boils properly..
- Add chopped garlic, stuffed Lebanese zucchinis, and salt, lower the heat, cover the pot. Wait until the zucchinis and rice inside them cook really well..
- When they all cooked and soft, sprinkle mint flake and oregano, mix occasionally..
- It's ready to serve..
The best zucchini to use for this recipe is the small, slightly bulbous, pale green variety often sold as Lebanese zucchini. Hollow out the zucchini using a manakra, which is a tool like a long apple corer designed To adapt this kousa mahshi recipe for vegetarians, use chickpeas instead of minced beef. This cool and creamy Lebanese laban cucumber yogurt sauce is perfect with grilled meats, salmon or as a side salad with a variety of Lebanese specialties such as grape leaves, tabbouleh or m'juddarah. Cucumber laban holds a special place in my heart. When I think back to my childhood food is always in the picture.