Authentic Pad Thai with king prawns. I have cooked this dish for you in the way we did when I was a Thai Chef working in various Thai and Asian restaurants throughout the UK. Learn how to cook the most authentic Prawn Pad Thai with our exclusive recipe featuring lots of flavour and spice. Saiphin Moore from UK's most popular Thai chain Rosa's Thai Cafe visited School of Wok and showed us how to cook the most authentic Pad Thai.
Heat a wok with half the oil. Push to the side and add the remaining oil. Add Pad Thai Paste and stir to mix. You can have Authentic Pad Thai with king prawns using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Authentic Pad Thai with king prawns
- Prepare 200 g of rice noodles.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- It's 1-2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1-2 cloves of garlic.
- It's 1 of shallot, finely sliced.
- It's Half of pack of beans sprouts.
- Prepare 200 g of king prawns.
- It's 3-4 of spring onion or chinese chives, chopped about 4cm long.
- You need 4-5 tbsp of Crushed peanut (optition).
- It's 1 of lime/lemon.
- You need 1-2 tsp of chilli flakes.
- Prepare of Padthai sauce.
- It's 4 tbsp of palm sugar or brown sugar.
- You need 3 tbsp of tamarind paste.
- You need 2 tbsp of fishsauce.
- It's 1 tsp of soysauce.
- Prepare of 1/2 cup water.
Push the mixture to one side of the pan. Add beansprouts and Chinese leek and stir through before. Pad Thai Goong is a tasty Thai dish that is the perfect combination of the popular Pad Thai and some crunchy prawns. Heat the oil in a wok over a high heat.
Authentic Pad Thai with king prawns step by step
- Soak the noodles in a large bowl with hot water. Leave it for about 10 min so they start to soften..
- Mix the Padthai sauce base together in a small saucepan. Heat on medium heat until sugar dissolve and sauce become a little thicker. Add some water and let it simmer for a few minutes..
- On a big pan or wok, medium heat, add cooking oil in, garlic and finely sliced shallots, stir well.
- Add your meat (in this recipe I use prawns) into the wok. Cook for 1 or 2 minute until the meat cooked through. Remove them to a plate. Leave it aside.
- Add noodle into the same pan along with Padthai sauce, put 1-2 crushed peanut in, add some fish sauce or sugar or tamarind if needed and taste. Padthai should taste sweet, sour, salty and nutty. Stir well for about 10-15 min or until noodles cooked through..
- Move your noodles on one side of the wok, add 1 tbsp of cooking oil and add some eggs in. Leave eggs to cook through for a few minutes before mix through with the noodles..
- Add prawns (or hard tofu) back in the pan. Stir well, then add half of bean sprouts, spring onion or chinese chive and crushed peanut if you prefer..
- Serve this delicious Padthai noodles with a wedge of lime and chilli flakes. You can have bean sprouts on the side too for an extra crunch..
Add the garlic and prawns and stir-fry for two minutes, then remove and set aside. Add the eggs and spread out around the wok to form an omelette shape. Inspired by the pad thai at Thai Tom, this recipe features a tamarind paste, vinegar, sugar, and fish sauce mixture over perfectly stir-fried eggs, chicken breast, and rice noodles, garnished with peanuts, chives UGC Reviews Modal. Reviews for: Photos of Authentic Pad Thai. Our Pad Thai recipe is easy and delicious.