Baked halloumi fries. These halloumi fries are similar to mozzarella sticks - made by rolling cheese in flour, eggs and panko breadcrumbs, then oven-baked until golden and crispy. Try this crispy halloumi fries recipe, and you'll never want to eat halloumi another way. So simple to make, these oven baked halloumi fries are so moreish!
Crisp and slightly salty shallow-fried halloumi fries make perfect party food. Great with a sprinkling of za'atar and a spicy yogurt for dipping. The fried halloumi is best served warm, and you can complement it in any number of ways. You can cook Baked halloumi fries using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked halloumi fries
- You need 1 portion of halloumi cheese.
- It's 3 tablespoons of plain flour.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 3 handfuls of panko breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of crushed chilli flakes.
The nutritional value of halloumi varies because each cheesemaker has their own special recipe. Crispy Halloumi Fries are a delicious Middle Eastern snack or appetizer, topped with sumac yogurt and pomegranate seeds. You could oven bake these, but I prefer them pan fried for extra crunch. If you want your halloumi fries baked, I would suggest that you line a baking tray with parchment paper and put.
Baked halloumi fries instructions
- Slice length ways into five, then into three fries about a centimetre thick..
- Put the floor on one plate, beat eggs in a bowl and mix panko with paprika and chilli flakes..
- Roll the fries in flour, egg and then panko breadcrumb mixture. I’d recommend doing in a batches of four as the breadcrumbs will stick to your fingers..
- Bake in oven for 20 mins. Turn them over after 10 mins..
- Serve with a sweet chilli dip..
Halloumi is also great baked - add slices to an ovenproof dish and drizzle with olive oil and herbs or spices. Fried Halloumi Cheese - MINCE REPUBLIC. How to fry Halloumi Cheese: a delicious grilling cheese and easy way to make halloumi fries. Totally, you'll find instructions for frying and baking in the recipe card below. And if you fancy lowering the fat and calorie content a little further if you are going down the.