Oven Baked Churros.
You can have Oven Baked Churros using 9 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oven Baked Churros
- You need 320 grams of ★ Milk.
- You need 40 grams of ★ Butter or margarine (salted).
- You need 20 grams of ★ Honey (or condensed milk or maple syrup).
- You need 100 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- It's 100 grams of Cake flour.
- You need 2 of ● Egg ( M to L ).
- Prepare 4 of drops ● Vanilla oil (or vanilla essence).
- It's 20 grams of Melted butter (melted in the microwave or in a hot water bath).
- You need 1 of Granulated sugar.
Oven Baked Churros instructions
- Put the ★ ingredients in a pan, and warm over medium heat. Bring it to a light boil and then turn the heat off..
- Sift the bread flour and cake flour together, and add them to the pan in one go. Mix them in rapidly with a wooden spatula, putting some elbow grease into it..
- Keep mixing until the dough is smooth and has no lumps. Keep mixing it with all your might. (It's pretty hard work.).
- Combine the ● ingredients in a bowl, and divide into 3 portions. Then add this into the saucepan one portion at a time..
- It is very important to add 1/3 of the mixed ● ingredients at a time and mix very well between additions until the dough is smooth..
- Once you have added all the ● ingredients and the dough is smooth, put it into a pastry bag with a star shaped tip fitted, and squeeze it out. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 170-180°C..
- 【Tip】It's easier to squeeze if you put less dough in the pastry bag. If you can't break the dough easily, use the chopsticks to chop it off. This way, your hands won't get messy..
- Brush the melted butter evenly over the churros, and sprinkle on plenty of granulated sugar..
- Bake in the preheated oven at 170-180 °C for about 45-50 minutes. Please adjust the baking time depending on your own oven..
- 【Tip】To prevent uneven baking, turn the baking sheets around once the churros start to turn a light brown, about 30 minutes into the baking time..
- Just after the churros are baked, sprinkle on more granulated sugar while they're still hot. Transfer them on to a wire rack to cool..
- 【Tip】The dough itself is not very sweet, so I recommend sprinkling the churros with a generous amount of granulated sugar..
- 【Tip】These churros are best eaten when they're freshly baked. But if you want to store them, let them cool down completely and then put them in plastic bags immediately to prevent them from becoming sticky..