Brad's slow cooker chile verde with ez black beans. Reviews for: Photos of Slow Cooker Chile Verde. I would highly suggest replacing the diced tomatoes with stewed tomatillos and adding the following ingredients: corriander, cumin, lime juice, black beans, corn, & cilantro. SLOW COOKER CHILE VERDE This is one of my dad's favorite meals he always orders when we are out.
What Is Slow Cooker Chili Verde? Chile verde is a pork-based stew simmered with green chiles This slow cooker recipe starts with a trip to the oven. Slow Cooker Chile Verde is spicy tender pork, wonderful just wrapped in a tortilla! You can have Brad's slow cooker chile verde with ez black beans using 24 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brad's slow cooker chile verde with ez black beans
- You need 5 lbs of pork shoulder or country style ribs.
- Prepare of Garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, white pepper, dry mustard.
- You need 2 tbs of cider vinegar.
- Prepare of For the verde.
- It's 10 of very large tomatillos, dehusk and quarter.
- Prepare 3 of large jalapeños, destem, leave whole.
- It's 1 of pasilla pepper, deseed and destem.
- It's 1 of LG sweet onion, peel and quarter.
- You need 8 of whole garlic cloves, peel, leave whole.
- You need 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped.
- It's of Juice of 1 lime.
- You need 1 tbs of granulated chicken bouillon.
- You need of For the beans.
- Prepare 3 cans of black beans, rinsed.
- It's 1 can of rotel, diced tomatoes with chiles, cilantro, and lime.
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It's of Garnishes.
- Prepare of Mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare of Queso fresco.
- It's of Lime wedges.
- You need of Sour cream.
- Prepare of Fresh cilantro.
My dad's been here often visiting from California, so I know his eating habits well. He's always ordering chile verde when we go out for Mexican (and fish and chips EVERYWHERE else). From this Chunky Hearty Chili to Chili with Sriracha to White Chicken Chili…we've got mountains of chili love to share. This Slow Cooker Chili with Black I've had my slow cooker for a few years, and this is hands down the best recipe it has produced.
Brad's slow cooker chile verde with ez black beans step by step
- Place pork in a slow cooker. Sprinkle liberally with listed spices. Add vinegar. Cook on low heat 8 to 10 hrs..
- Add tomatillos, both peppers, onion, and garlic to a Dutch oven. Cover half way with water. Boil until ingredients are tender..
- When cool, transfer to a blender with a slotted spoon. Liquify. Add rest of ingredients for the verde. Liquify again. Add enough cooking liquid to make a smooth slightly thin salsa..
- Combine all ingredients for the beans in a sauce pot. Heat through on low heat..
- When pork is tender, debone and shred. Return to empty crock pot. Add salsa verde. Cook on high until heated through and salsa thickens slightly..
- Garnish with desired ingredients. Serve immediately with warmed tortillas. Enjoy..
It's delicious as is, or with variations (kidney beans. Incredible comforting slow cooker chicken chile verde. Healthy, satisfying and packed with protein. Serve with corn tortillas, avocado, rice and/or beans! I love slow cooked chile verde.