CHICKEN MOUSSAKA!. In its basic form, «moussaka» [pr. MOO-sah-kah] consists of sliced eggplant and ground meat that are. Skinny Chicken Moussaka. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Moussaka (/muːˈsɑːkə/, /ˌmuːsəˈkɑː/ or /ˌmuːsɑːˈkɑː/) is an eggplant- and/or potato-based dish, often including ground meat, which is common in the Balkans and the Middle East. Our lightened version for the Cooking Light Diet calls for ground chicken, using a mix of light and dark meat for added richness, and a yogurt-based sauce. Brown the chicken well; most of the rich, meaty. You can cook CHICKEN MOUSSAKA! using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of CHICKEN MOUSSAKA!
- You need 1 of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- It's 3 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 of oregano.
- You need 3 of tomatoes.
- You need 1 of tomato paste.
- It's 1 of aubergine.
- Prepare 1 of breadcrumbs.
- It's 200 ml of heavy cream.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of ementaler cheese shredded.
- You need 1 of egg.
Come and try our delicious recipe for breadcrumb topped basil and chicken Moussaka. Although typically made with minced lamb, this Greek inspired dish tastes just as delicious made with chicken. Brown the chicken well; most of the rich, meaty flavor comes from that step. Serve the casserole with a Greek salad and toasted whole-wheat pita.
CHICKEN MOUSSAKA! step by step
- Fry the onions and garlic on olive oil and add salt, pepper and oregano..
- Blend chicken in the blender and add to the mix. Fry until it looks good..
- Blend tomatoes and add paste until consistent..
- Add to the onion/chicken mix..
- Cut aubergine into thick rings. Toss in a bit of olive oil. Then toss in breadcrumbs so they're covered..
- Fry all aubergine rings on both sides until they turn golden. In the meantime heat up the cream and add the ementaler so it creates a consistent mass..
- Cover bottom of the baking dish with aubergine slices..
- Once the cream/ cheese has cooled down but not settled! Mix one egg into it..
- Put the chicken/ tomatoe mix on top of the aubergines so it covers the aubergines completely..
- Cover everything with the cream/cheese/egg mix..
- You can add extra cheese on top..
- Bake for about 30mins until the top turns golden..
Meanwhile, start making your chicken ragu sauce. Rosemary chicken sticks with brown rice salad and. Stock powder - I like using Vegeta or chicken or vegetable stock powder to flavour the white sauce because it adds more flavour than plain. This Eggplant Moussaka with Chicken can be served alone or with some leafy greens or a low carb If you never heard of moussaka, think of it as meat version of cheesecake, since the preparation and. Moussaka by Greek chef Akis Petretzikis!