Chilli con carne. This easy chilli con carne recipe is a quick and classic sharing option for a casual night with friends. Find out how to make it at BBC Good Food. With chunks of chuck roast, browned in bacon fat and cooked with red kidney beans, red chili and chipotle chili, onion, garlic, jalapeños Chili Con Carne Recipe.
You can experiment with how hot it is by leaving the seeds in the fresh chillies. This is a British chilli con carne, and it's just as good. The key thing to a good chilli con carne, is a lot of little steps done well. "Chili con Carne". You can have Chilli con carne using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chilli con carne
- You need 1 1/4 lbs of lean ground beef.
- You need 1 of large onion, chopped.
- It's 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 cup of beef stock.
- Prepare 1 of heap tbsp Mexican chilli powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It's 1/2 tsp of hot paprika.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1-28 oz of can whole tomatoes.
- You need 1-15 oz of can kidney beans, rinsed.
- It's 1-12 oz of can sweet corn.
- You need 1 tbsp of molasses.
- You need 1 tbsp of maple syrup.
Three little words that describe such a wonderful meal. It literally translates from Spanish to Chili con carne originated in the region spreading Southern Texas and Northern Mexico. All Reviews for Award Winning Chili Con Carne. This Chilli Con Carne is a Classic.
Chilli con carne step by step
- Add a splash of veg oil to a medium pot on medium-high heat. Add the beef and fry for 10 - 15 minutes until thoroughly cooked and browned. Add the onion and continue cooking another 10 minutes until the onions start to caramelize and the meat starts to crisp..
- Stir the garlic and tomato paste into the pot and let cook for 2 minutes. Add the beef stock and let simmer until the stock's absorbed and the meat mixture is mostly dry again..
- Stir the spices into the pot. Give them a minute to warm through, then add the tomatoes. Crush them in your hand as you drop them into the pot, and be sure to add the tomato liquid from the can as well. Cover and turn the heat down to medium-low. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add the beans, corn and molasses. Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, or until the chilli is no longer watery. Stir in the maple syrup and add extra salt as needed to finish..
This belly warming dish of meaty, spicy joy is a regular on our dinner table. Chili Con Carne is a great way to use up extra ingredients in your kitchen. It may take a while to prepare, but the results are well worth it. Because you end up with such a large amount, it is perfect. Chilli con carne is the affordable mid-week favourite that the whole family will love eating again and The best part about making this easy chilli con carne is that you can make enough for lunch or.