Mini “Shepherds Pie” (Sans Corn). Expect the best shepherd's pie, casserole with ground beef, chopped carrots, corn, and peas, topped with mashed potatoes. This tastes so much better than the regular shepherds pie u get. I think its because it caters to asian taste buds as well.
Experiment with you mash by swaping the sweet potato for carrot or swede. Behold the humble mini Shepherd's pot pie. A couple weeks ago I posted skillet shepherd's pie, a no fuss version to enjoying comfort food. You can cook Mini “Shepherds Pie” (Sans Corn) using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mini “Shepherds Pie” (Sans Corn)
- You need 4 of Potatoes (Russet, Idaho).
- It's of Ground Beef (About 1 1/4 lbs.).
- It's of Leafy Veggie (Spinach, Kale, etc.).
- You need 1 of Onion.
- Prepare 1 of Tomato.
- It's of Tomato Sauce.
- You need of Tomato Paste.
- You need of Cheddar Cheese.
- You need of Butter.
- You need of Milk.
- You need of Parsley.
- Prepare of Garlic (A few cloves).
- Prepare of Black Pepper.
- It's of Salt.
- It's of Onion Powder.
- It's of Garlic Salt.
These are the cutest little shepherds pies ever. definitely could devour a couple right now. They look so yummy and delicious! Check out this neat recipe for an amazing Mini Shepherds Pie! Now you can have all the wonderful tastes of your normal Shepherds Pie, right in the palm of your hand!
Mini “Shepherds Pie” (Sans Corn) step by step
- Wash and peel your potatoes. Quarter them and plop them into some boiling water. When fork tender, remove and mash in a bowl. Throw a sizable hunk of butter in along with seasonings. Slowly add milk and mash until creamy..
- Sauté onions, garlic, ground beef and seasonings until meat is about half way cooked. Push everything to the perimeter of the pan and throw in a can of tomato paste. Let it heat up and then incorporate everything. Put your leafy veggie in and cook a until barely wilted. Add tomato sauce (or favorite pasta sauce) and bring up to temp. Turn it off and turn to the potatoes..
- In a 4x8 Loaf Pan, start layering that bad boy beginning with the potatoes. Make sure potato is your final layer. Top with a hefty handful of grated cheddar (or whatever you like)..
- Bake in a 350F oven (on cookie sheet to catch any spillage) until cheese is brown and bubbly. Everything is already cooked, so just keep an eye on the cheese. Immediately top with parsley. Let cool at least 10 minutes before serving to allow it to set up..
Shepherds Pie Recipe - Home-made and Yummy! Shepherds Pie is one of my favorite meal prep options. I usually sub yams for russets. I can't believe I never considered adding cheese as a topping before. It's cottage pie if it's beef and only shepherds pie if it's minced lamb meat.