Creamy Pesto Chicken & Pasta Quick Hack.
You can have Creamy Pesto Chicken & Pasta Quick Hack using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Pesto Chicken & Pasta Quick Hack
- You need of Your favorite Chicken part/s.
- It's of Bottled or ready-made Pesto sauce.
- You need 3-4 of garlic cloves, smashed.
- It's 1/2 of red onion, sliced coarsely.
- It's 1 of large or 2 small dry bay/laurel leaves.
- It's 1 c of or more water.
- Prepare 1/2 cube of chicken bullion or broth cube.
- You need of Cooked pasta.
- It's 150 ml of all purpose cream (nestle or other).
- You need pinch of peppercorns (huge pinch).
- It's to taste of Salt.
- You need of Sprinkle of Parmesan (optional).
Creamy Pesto Chicken & Pasta Quick Hack instructions
- In a pot heat your water and add the bay leaves, garlic, onions, peppercorns and 1/4 of a chicken bullion cube. Add your chicken (salted lightly), thawed or 1/2 frozen. How much chicken? Depends how many are eating. How much water? Enough to submerge the chicken. Cover, turn, check until chicken is cooked (about 15-20 mins for 2 pcs of quarter chicken). Set aside when cooked..
- Meanwhile while boiling chicken, cook your pasta according to package instructions. Don't forget to add salt and oil or butter in the water. Set aside when cooked..
- Pesto sauce- to make it quick and easy, buy a pre-made or ready made pesto sauce from the supermarket. Normally they are in small bottles good for 2-3 servings. You can use the whole thing depending on how many are eating. If there's excess oil in the bottle, separate and pour it in a container (if u want to use it later on), no need to strain or to be exact. We need to remove the excess oil since this is a creamy sauce..
- In very low heat, pour the oil-drained pesto in a pan. Add your nestle or all purpose cream and 1/4 of the remaining chicken bullion cube. Stir in the flavors. Add a few tablespoons of the chicken broth from the boiled chicken to enhance the flavor, but not too much to make it soupy. To thicken, you can add more cream. Taste and season accordingly..
- Plating- plate your chicken and pasta then scoop your pesto sauce on top. OR toss it in a big bowl but ensure that your pasta is well drained as the excess water will make it soupy. Sprinkle on Parmesan cheese (the Kraft kind or cheese block kind). Enjoy!.
- Note: the chicken broth tastes good too, you can serve it as a side soup with a sprinkle of scallions. Or freeze and use it for a chicken noodle soup dish..