ONE-POT SLOW COOKER CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA. Marinating the chicken in some yogurt while sautéing the onions and garlic with the spices helps both flavor the Serve this with a simple pot of basmati rice — if you start cooking the rice at the same time you add the cream at the end of cooking, the whole meal is. This is beginner chicken tikka masala. That's because my kids don't do spicy.
But man, do I love a nice bowl of Tikka Masala. For the slow cooker version of this recipe click here! A few notes about the spices in this Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala: garam masala - this is a common spice blend used in India and the actual. You can cook ONE-POT SLOW COOKER CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of ONE-POT SLOW COOKER CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA
- You need 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, finely diced.
- It's 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of -inch piece whole ginger, peeled and grated.
- You need 2 tablespoons of garam masala.
- It's 2 teaspoons of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of cumin.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- You need 1 (28 ounce) of can crushed tomatoes.
- You need 1 (13.5 ounce) of can unsweetened coconut milk.
- Prepare 4 of –5 carrots, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces.
- You need 1 of large sweet potato, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces.
- It's of lots of plain yogurt, to serve on top.
How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala - Step by Step Photos. Start by preparing the spice mix. There's nothing better than knowing that dinner is taken care of. Slow cookers are truly one of my favorite things… walking in the house and having the smell of this delicious curry hit Scoop chicken pieces out of slow cooker or instant pot and set aside in a bowl (I like to.
ONE-POT SLOW COOKER CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA step by step
- Put all ingredients into the slow cooker insert, stir and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hour.
- Optional: Reserve the carrots and sweet potatoes, adding in the last 2 hours. (If they cook the whole time, the sweet potatoes will be soft but I liked them that way.).
- Serve over basmati rice with a BIG dollop of plain yogurt on top. Swirl the yogurt in to make it more creamy, and also cool the masala quickly..
This quick and easy Tikka Masala is tasty and convenient. You can mix the ingredients, put it in the freezer and throw it in the slow cooker before you leave for work. I am obsessed with chicken tikka masala and let's be real — Indian food for that matter. Whenever I go to an Indian restaurant, as American as this is, I always order chicken tikka masala. I always look to create restaurant favorites at home and this slow cooker chicken tikka masala is one of those.