Cacio e pepe Spaghetti Squash with chive pesto.
You can cook Cacio e pepe Spaghetti Squash with chive pesto using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cacio e pepe Spaghetti Squash with chive pesto
- You need 1 of medium spaghetti squash.
- You need 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 1/3-1/2 c of chives, washed and chopped roughly.
- It's 1/2-1 tbsp of chopped garlic, divided.
- It's 1/4-1/2 tsp of sea salt, divided.
- You need 1/4-1 tsp of fresh cracked black pepper.
- You need 3 of raw brazil nuts.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2-1 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/4-1/3 c of grated parmesan cheese, divided.
Cacio e pepe Spaghetti Squash with chive pesto step by step
- Bake spaghetti squash at 400° F for 50- 60 minutes until well cooked..
- Melt butter in a pan. Add 1 heaping spoonful of chopped garlic or 2-3 cloves of garlic chopped to butter and heat gently until garlic is golden brown. Add salt and pepper to taste. If you like a traditional cacio e pepe with a lot of pepper flavor, use a full tsp..
- Chop chives to macerate and smash brazil nuts with a heavy knife handle until well crushed. Squeeze lemon juice on chives, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and add a 1/2 tsp of chopped garlic to chives. Mix and crush together with brazil nuts with a fork to make a quick pesto. Let flavors meld while preparing the rest of dish..
- Cut spaghetti squash in half. Use a fork to separate squash strands and place in a bowl. Add garlic butter and most of parmesan. Reserve 2-3 tbsp to top dish. Mix well..
- Plate, top with chive pesto and remaining parmesan cheese. You may return squash to squash shells, broil in oven then top with chive pesto and cheese then serve if desired..