Red velvet cake-2. Original Red Velvet cake is, essentially, a lightly flavored chocolate cake. This recipe is missing the two tablespoons of cocoa powder that are suppose to be included in the cake batter. Red velvet cake is a subtle chocolate cake flavored with buttermilk and vinegar then enhanced in color with red food coloring.
I must say that my BF and room mates did enjoyed it ! Red Velvet Layer Cake is a classic! This version is super moist with just the right amount of tang! You can have Red velvet cake-2 using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Red velvet cake-2
- Prepare 150 gms of butter.
- You need 150 gms of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 4 tbs of yoghurt.
- You need 1-2 of red Food coloring drops.
- Prepare 150 gms of flour.
- Prepare 50 gms of cocoa.
- You need 1 tbs of milk.
- It's 2 tsp of baking powder.
I wanted to eat the whole thing. This Red Velvet Cake is based off of the Moist Vanilla Cupcakes I shared with you a couple weeks ago. I'm a huge fan of how simple the recipe is! Red velvet cake isn't just a chocolate cake with red food coloring added.
Red velvet cake-2 step by step
- Cream butter and sugar till fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and the rest of the liquids..
- Sift the dry ingredients into the mixture and combine well..
- Bake till a knife passes clean through..
In fact, the original red velvet cake got its name because the buttermilk and the vinegar naturally bring out the red undertones in the cocoa powder, giving the cake a red tint. Buttermilk and vinegar also break down the gluten in flour. Red Velvet Cake - an elegant and moist layered cake baked from scratch with a chocolate buttery cake tinted red. An iconic cake with great texture, flavors and frosting! A Red Velvet Cake is instantly recognizable with its bright red color offset by a white Cream Cheese Frosting.