Spaghetti Bolognese. Everyone needs a great everyday Spaghetti Bolognese recipe, and this is mine! We Aussies have a thing about shortening words. Our best ever spaghetti bolognese is super easy and a true Italian classic with a meaty, chilli sauce.
Spaghetti Bolognese is easy to make and tastes amazing. Spaghetti bolognese (sometimes called spaghetti alla bolognese, or colloquially 'spag bol', spaghetti with meat sauce, or just spaghetti) is a pasta dish that is popular outside Italy. Everyone needs a basic spaghetti Bolognese recipe that still tastes great, no matter how simple. You can cook Spaghetti Bolognese using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spaghetti Bolognese
- Prepare 2 rashers of streaky bacon.
- Prepare 1 of white onion.
- Prepare 1 stick of celery.
- Prepare 1 of large carrot.
- It's of Mushrooms (optional).
- Prepare of Anchovies.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Balsamic vinegar.
- You need 500 g of beef mince.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 jar of passata.
- Prepare of Oregano.
- You need of Basil.
- It's leaves of Bay.
- Prepare of Spaghetti.
- You need of Olive oil.
- You need of Tomato purée.
Get that depth of flavour by cooking the sauce very gently until it's super rich. Spaghetti Bolognese is a classic Italian meat sauce that is a staple in most families. My super simple Spaghetti Bolognese is the perfect dinner for any night of the week and will wow your family or guests. Despite growing up in an Irish family, at least once a week we channeled our inner Italian and enjoyed this Italian classic.
Spaghetti Bolognese step by step
- Cut the bacon into small pieces and fry in a large such pot..
- Finely dice the onion, celery and carrot. Add to the pot and cook in the bacon fat..
- Add anchovy. Once the anchovy has dissolved, add the mushrooms if you want them in the dish..
- Continue cooking until the juices evaporate. Add the beef mince and minced garlic. Continue cooking until the beef changes colour..
- Add about a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar (or a glass of red wine if you prefer) and oregano. Add a few squirts of tomato purée and mix until the contents of the pot are covered with the red paste..
- Add the passata and bay leaves. Cook on a low heat for as long as you can. 30 minutes is fine, but the flavours will be better the longer you cook it. I prefer to leave it on the hob for at least an hour. 2 hours is even better. Just remember to keep an eye on the pot as you may need to add a splash of water if it becomes too dry..
- Season the bolognese to taste..
- Cook your spaghetti, drain, leave a little water in the pot to stop it from sticking. A splash of olive oil will also help with this and gives the pasta a nice shine..
- Either add the pasta to the bolognese or for the traditional British experience, place the spaghetti on your plate and top with the meat sauce..
- Serve with garlic bread and grated Parmesan cheese..
Our Spaghetti Bolognese recipe is a classic and made with homemade Bolognese sauce and Plus, as you're making the delicious bolognese sauce yourself from scratch, you know exactly what's going. Who doesn't love pasta drenched in a meaty tomato sauce! Another option and a family favourite is Spaghetti Carbonara, which I also make often! This is perhaps the best spaghetti bolognese recipe you'll ever have. One pot wonder that will leave you wishing you had doubled the recipe.