Broccoli And Spinach Frittata. This frittata was inspired by standard broccoli-cheddar quiche recipes, but I skipped the crust and added spinach for a boost of winter greens. It's warm, rich and filling, and would go fabulously with roasted breakfast potatoes , whole-grain toast or a simple green side salad. Add spinach and a pinch of sea salt and stir.
It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. Broccoli And Spinach Frittata is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. You can have Broccoli And Spinach Frittata using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Broccoli And Spinach Frittata
- Prepare 100 gm of broccoli florets.
- It's 1 of & 1/2 tsp minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped, green onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped,yellow onion.
- It's 2 cups of spinach leaves,chopped.
- You need 2 slices of whole wheat, broken into bits.
- It's 1/4 cup of medium cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 of &1/2 tbsp basil leaves,chopped.
- It's 8 of eggs.
- It's 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of mustard powder.
- Prepare 1 of & 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes.
- Prepare 2 pinches of nutmeg powder.
- Prepare 1 of & 1/2 tbsp + 1 & 1/2 tbsp olive oil.
- It's 500 ml of water.
- You need to taste of salt.
Made with organic onions, broccoli and mighty spinach, this frittata will hit the spot for a quick weekday breakfast or weekend brunch. Frittata keeps very well in the refrigerator and will keep for at least a few days. Leave out the spinach if it's not your favorite. Make it dairy-free by using unsweetened non-dairy milk and omitting the cheese.
Broccoli And Spinach Frittata instructions
- In a saucepan add water;bring to a boil.Turn heat off, add the broccoli florets, cover and keep aside..
- In a non- stick skilet heat 1 & 1/2 tbsp oil. Add garlic, green onion, yellow onion; saute untill soft and broken..
- Break eggs into a large bowl. Add salt, black pepper powder, nutmeg powder,mustard powder,red chilli flakes. Beat well.Add spinach,basil leaves,soaked bread,cheese(medium and sharp) and sauteed onions. Mix until all the ingredients are well combined..
- Drain the broccoli florets and discard the water..
- In the non- stick, oven proven skillet, heat remaining oil on low heat. When the skillet is hot, add the egg mixture and place the broccoli florets on top..
- Cover and let cook on a low flame until the sides are just set but the top of the egg mixture is still runny..
- Preheat oven at 180 degree centigrade..
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 25 -30 minutes until the top is golden brown and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean..
- Remove the skillet and place on a wire rock to cool completely before slicing and serving..
If you don't have broccoli, thinly sliced Brussels sprouts or asparagus would also work. Made with organic onions, broccoli and mighty spinach, this frittata will hit the spot for a special weekday breakfast or weekend brunch. A frittata is the next best thing to a fancy quiche, only it comes together with much less effort. If you're looking for a go-to quick and tasty meal, a frittata is perfect. This was my first time finishing a frittata on the stove-top as opposed to the oven.