Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup). Video tutorial how to cook Indonesian favorite chicken soup, Soto Ayam. Interested to become our sponsor in our next cooking tutorial video please contact us: email@example.com Found this video useful, any donation will be appreciated. Soto ayam is a yellow spicy chicken soup with lontong or nasi himpit or ketupat (all compressed rice that is then cut into small cakes) and/or vermicelli or noodles, it is from Indonesia, and popular in Singapore, Malaysia and Suriname.
Soto ayam is chicken noodle soup - Indonesian style. This is seriously tasty noodle soup. I've had soto ayam in the Netherlands. You can cook Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup) using 27 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup)
- It's 2 lbs of chicken thigh (boneless).
- It's 2 L (8 cups) of water.
- You need 4 of bay leaves.
- You need 5 of kaffir lime leaves.
- Prepare 2 of lemon grass (the white part only), bruised.
- Prepare 1 inch of dried galangal.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks, chopped.
- Prepare 3 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- It's of Grind the following into spice paste :.
- It's 7 of shallots.
- Prepare 5 of garlic cloves.
- You need 2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- It's 2 teaspoon of ginger powder.
- It's 2 teaspoon of ground coriander.
- It's 1 teaspoon of ground cummin.
- Prepare 5 of candlenut.
- It's of Accompaniments and Garnishes :.
- Prepare Glass of noodle, soaked in hot boiling water until soft then drained.
- Prepare of Shredded cabbage.
- Prepare of Cooked rice.
- Prepare of Homemade potato chips (optional).
- It's of Scallion stalk/chives, finely chopped.
- You need of Shrimp crackers, process in a food processor until they get powdery (optional).
- Prepare of Fried shallots (optional).
- You need 6 of hard boiled eggs.
That's as close as you can get outside Indonesia I think. They are mad for Indonesian in the Netherlands. This version of the classic Indonesian chicken soup comes from the Hyatt Regency in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. In the magazine, they talk about having a no RSVP soup party which is low pressure & high commitment. 'Soto' means soup and 'ayam' is chicken.
Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup) step by step
- In a frying pan, heat 3 tablespoon of oil and stir fry the spice paste, bay leaves, kaffir lime leaves, lemon grass and galangal until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Keep stirring to avoid burning..
- Turn the heat off. Transfer everything from the frying pan to a slow cooker. Add chicken, water, chopped celery, salt, sugar and white pepper. Set on low. Cook for 6 hours. Taste and adjust salt/pepper as needed..
- Take the chicken out and let them cool. Shred the meat..
- How to serve : Prepare bowls, add into each bowl some glass noodle, some shredded cabbage, some shredded chicken, 1 hard boil egg, garnish with some chopped scallion, fried shallots, potato chips and ground shrimp crackers. Pour in the soup. To make a more filling meal, it is common in Indonesia to serve Soto Ayam with a bowl of warm white rice. Sometimes I also add some fresh sliced tomatoes..
- I made sweet potato chips instead of potato chips. I sliced the sweet potatoes thinly using a 1 mm slicing blade in a food processor then soaked them in salt water for an hour then deep fried them. Do the same thing if you use potatoes..
It's an Indonesian chicken soup with noodles that is the go-to street food breakfast for many locals. But if there's one thing that Indonesians seem to agree on, that's that soto ayam is the country's chicken noodle soup for the soul. Soto Ayam, an Indonesian chicken noodle soup. This is an easy, healthy, homemade soup that can be made from scratch. Prepared with a simple aromatic chicken broth that's infused with Asian spices, this soup is flavourful on its own.