Golden and Crisp: Spanish Churros.
You can cook Golden and Crisp: Spanish Churros using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Golden and Crisp: Spanish Churros
- It's 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It's 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted butter (if unavailable, used regular butter and omit salt).
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare as needed of Vegetable oil, for frying.
- It's 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It's 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, optional.
Golden and Crisp: Spanish Churros instructions
- Combine 1 cup of water with the butter and the salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat..
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in flour..
- Reduce the heat to low and stir vigorously until the mixture forms a ball, about 1 minute..
- Remove the dough from the heat and, while stirring constantly, gradually beat the eggs into the dough..
- Put the dough into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip..
- Heat oil in a pan..
- Squeeze a 4- inch strip of dough into the hot oil. Repeat, frying 3 or 4 strips at a time. Fry the churros, turning them once, until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side..
- Transfer the cooked churros to a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil..
- Toss the churros, when a little hot, in sugar and cinnamon..
- Serve hot with Nutella, Hot Chocolate or Salted Caramel..