Slow Cooker chicken and dumplings. Easy, creamy chicken and dumplings made from refrigerator biscuits, slow cooked to comfort-food perfection. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center. How do the biscuits cook in the slow cooker?
Can I use dumpling dough from scratch? This is a very easy recipe to make some really delicious Chicken and Dumplings in your Slow Cooker. A great meal to serve on a cold day, and this comfort. You can cook Slow Cooker chicken and dumplings using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker chicken and dumplings
- You need of Slow cooker.
- Prepare 2 of skinless boneless chicken breasts.
- It's 2 can of cream of chicken soup.
- It's 1 can of large can of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 can of refrigerated biscuits.
Make a batch of these easy Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings to store in your freezer for the cold winter days ahead. I started with a basic chicken noodle soup recipe, but made it in the slow cooker instead of on the stove top and with less broth so that it would have more of a stew-like consistency. Start with cooking chicken in broth and aromatics for a few hours, then shred the chicken and return it to the slow cooker with some cream, flour for thickening, sweet peas, and fresh parsley. Here's an easy slow cooker chicken and dumplings recipe you'll love!
Slow Cooker chicken and dumplings instructions
- Place 2 frozen skinless boneless chicken breasts in slow cooker.
- Mix soups and broth and pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours until chicken can be shredded with spoon.
- Take each biscuit and tear it into four pieces. Submerge each "dumpling" on the slow cooker liquid. Cook 1.5 to 2 hours until "dumplings" are cooked through (no longer doughy).
If you've never made it in your crockpot you should give this one a try. Take a peek at this easy slow cooker chicken and dumplings recipe and let me know what you think, it's one of our favorite crockpot recipes. (originally. After the cooking time is up. Chicken is cooked with broth and vegetables until tender. Then the mixture is topped with a simple dumpling dough.