Chicken and gravy over mashed potatoes. Serve chicken and gravy over mashed potatoes, rice or noodles. I did not shred the chicken as I served the gravy over mashed potatoes and the chicken on the side. Keeping the potatoes over the heat, mash until all lumps are removed.
I add just a couple tablespoons of dark rum or brandy to it; it gives a touch of extra depth. I found this recipe on chaosinthekitchen.com and have had it open for days so I don't. Spoon potatoes onto platter with chicken; sprinkle potatoes with chives. You can have Chicken and gravy over mashed potatoes using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken and gravy over mashed potatoes
- It's of In crockpot.
- It's 2 lb of Chicken.
- You need 4 cup of water.
- It's 4 of bouillon cubes.
- It's of gravy.
- You need 1 can of mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of butter.
- You need 4 tbsp of flour.
- You need 3 cup of crockpot juice.
To make the Garlic Mashed Potatoes, peel the potatoes and chop into chunks. Place in a stainless pan with water to cover. Mash in the pan, using an immersion blender, electric. Scoop of Mashed Potatoes with Brown Meat Gravy on Top.
Chicken and gravy over mashed potatoes step by step
- Put chicken, water, and bouillon cubes in crockpot and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8.
- After chicken is cooked, saute onions and mushrooms in pan with a 2 tablespoons additional butter.
- Once onions and mushrooms are sauteed, add 4 tablespoons of butter and 4 tablespoons of flour. Mix vigorously so you don't have lumpy gravy..
- Let flour cook for about a minute stirring constantly. Add 3 cups of crockpot juice and stir well. Add salt and pepper to taste..
- Shred chicken and add to gravy. Let chicken heat through..
- Pour over mashed potatoes and enjoy.
Vegan fried chicken substitute served with slaw, mashed potatoes. Grilled chicken fillet with mashed sweet potatoes and fresh lettuce close-up. horizontal. I think I was trying to channel olive garden or something by making this chicken and mushrooms in a creamy parmesan sauce over mashed potatoes. This was pretty straightforward to make, awesome to eat and the gravy with the mashed potatoes was PRIME. Serve over a pile of fluffy mashed potatoes!