Christmas baklava. Christmas Baklava. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Whatever you say about Baklava, won't be enough. It is rich, it is sweet, it is all times favorite.
Baklava, for those uninitiated, is a Mediterranean dessert made by layering crisp sheets of filo pastry Here we've added a little festive sparkle to this classic dessert, creating a Christmas baklava layered. View top rated Christmas baklava recipes with ratings and reviews. Almond Baklava (Baklavas Me Amygdala), Baked Christmas Alaska, Cashew Baklava, etc. You can have Christmas baklava using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Christmas baklava
- You need 1 kg of ground walnuts.
- Prepare 1 kg of filo pastry.
- It's 2 cups of sugar.
- You need 1 of bit of nutmeg.
- It's 250 g of clarified butter.
- It's of cloves.
- Prepare of for the syrup.
- Prepare 1 kg of sugar.
- You need 2 of vanillins.
- Prepare half of a lemon washed well.
- Prepare 5 cups of water.
Download Christmas baklava stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices. While baklava is baking, heat honey in a sauce pan until close to boiling. Stir in vanilla and lemon zest. Baklava is a beloved dessert - Greek or Turkish depending on which historical accounts you believe - and the following Christmas Baklava is perfect for Christmas dinners and cookie trays.
Christmas baklava step by step
- Place the walnuts, nutmeg and sugar in a bowl and mix well..
- Place 3 pieces of filo on a large tray without buttering them. On the third filo sprinkle a few spoonfuls of the walnut mix. Keep on layering filo/ filling till they are finished. Take care so that the last three pieces of filo are left without filling..
- Cut in pieces and stick a clove on each piece..
- Melt the butter, let it come to boil and add it by spoonfuls on the sweet especially over the parts that you have cut..
- Bake the sweet in the oven at 150°C for 2 hours. When it is done let it cool for a while and then top it with the syrup that you've boiled for 5 minutes..
Remove the baklava from the oven and spoon half the cooled syrup over the top. Visit the website for more baking and dessert ideas. Ingredients Cranberries and pistachios definitely give this Baklava Christmas Star it's traditional flavor. This vegetarian Christmas main can be easily doubled in size if you have a crowd to feed - just use a larger baking tray. For Christmas specifically, we make baklava.