Halloumi egg in a hole breakfast. Yet another fab breakfast idea for all the cheese lovers. Check out this video - Halloumi & Eggs- where I whip up a quick breakfast for one of. This Breakfast Bagel is loaded with Bacon, Halloumi, Avocado and Chilli Jam.
Chilli Jam - Balances out the saltiness of bacon and. Keto scrambled eggs with halloumi cheese. Ready to take scrambled eggs to a whole new level? You can cook Halloumi egg in a hole breakfast using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Halloumi egg in a hole breakfast
- Prepare 4 slices of halloumi cheese.
- It's 1 slice of bread.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It's Handful of cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 rashers of bacon.
- You need of Pesto (or any spread you prefer).
- You need of Coriander/ Basil sprig (garnish).
- It's of Olive oil / butter (your preference).
- You need Dash of lemon juice.
Here's the secret: flavorful halloumi cheese, scallions and bacon. Heat olive oil on medium high in a frying pan and fry halloumi, scallions and bacon until nicely browned. In a small bowl, whisk together. Topped with an Egg in a Hole, this truly is the BEST Breakfast Bagel Recipe!
Halloumi egg in a hole breakfast instructions
- Toast the bread (it helps the egg not to absorb into the bread) and cut a hole inside with a cookie cutter of your choice..
- Heat a frying skillet (low to medium heat), add some oil or butter to start frying the bread. (Both the cut out and whole part).
- Break one egg inside the bread and cover to allow the steam to cook it thoroughly. Remove once the you are happy with the yolk (hard / soft etc).
- Prepare the halloumi cheese (cut into desired thickness).
- Add bacon to the skillet and cook. Directly after add the tomatoes and let it blanch. Remove once it's popped and sprinkle with salt and pepper..
- Fry the halloumi until golden brown and serve with a dash of lemon juice..
- Spread the bread with pesto or spread of your choice and add coriander for garnish and flavor..
This halloumi breakfast sandwich is one of my favorites and a great way to showcase fresh summer tomatoes. You could easily leave off the fried egg or the Heat olive oil in a skillet large enough to fry the halloumi and tomatoes. Heat over medium heat and add the halloumi followed be the tomatoes. An early breakfast treat for two on Mother's Day was eggs benedict with a twist of Halloumi instead of the more usual ham or salmon (there wasn't. You don't need heavy condiments to have a great sandwich, as this recipe proves.