Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Yakult Frosting. The only Red Velvet Cake recipe you'll ever need! It's soft, moist, fluffy, rich, strikingly beautiful and decadently delicious. A cake fit for any celebration and There's nothing quite like a decadent piece of red velvet cake covered in cream cheese frosting is there?
Carefully press the reserved red velvet crumbs along the side of the cake with you hand. Place the remaining cream cheese buttercream into a. This recipe produces the best red velvet cake with superior buttery, vanilla, and cocoa flavors, as well as a delicious tang from buttermilk. You can have Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Yakult Frosting using 21 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Yakult Frosting
- You need of CAKE -.
- Prepare 1 of and 1/4 cups (150 g) cake flour (spoon & leveled).
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It's 1 Tablespoons (7 g) of unsweetened natural cocoa powder.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It's 1/4 cup (63 g) of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
- Prepare 3/4 cups (150 g) of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup (80 ml) of canola or vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup (65 gm) of hung curd.
- It's 1 Teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of distilled white vinegar.
- You need of liquid or gel red food coloring.
- Prepare 1/2 cup (120 ml) of buttermilk, at room temperature.
- You need 1 bottle of yakult, to soak sponges.
- It's of YAKULT CREAMCHEESE FROSTING -.
- It's 200 g of cream cheese, softened to room temperature.
- You need 1/4 cup (63 g) of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
- It's 3 cups (360 g) of confectioners’ sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup (80 ml) of yakult probiotic fermented milk drink.
- It's 1 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract.
- It's pinch of salt, to taste.
My trick is to whip the egg whites, which guarantees a smooth velvet crumb. Red velvet cake isn't just a chocolate cake with red food coloring added. In fact, the original red velvet cake got its name because the buttermilk and the vinegar naturally bring out the red undertones in the cocoa powder, giving the How to make a red velvet layer cake with cream cheese frosting. Cake-Baking Tips: When using cake pans, they must be greased and floured to create a thin layer of protection against the oven's heat.
Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Yakult Frosting step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Grease and line 6-inch cake pan..
- Make the cake: Whisk the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside..
- Using a handheld or stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar together on medium-high speed until combined and creamy, about 2 minute..
- Add the oil, curd, vanilla extract, and vinegar and beat on high for 2 minutes..
- Add the dry ingredients in 2-3 additions alternating with the buttermilk..
- Beat in food coloring just until combined..
- Pour batter in cake pan. Bake for 30-32 minutes or until the tops of the cakes spring back when gently touched and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean..
- Remove cakes from the oven and cool completely..
- Make the frosting: beat the cream cheese and butter together on medium-high speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the confectioners’ sugar, yakult, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds, then increase to high speed and beat for 3 minutes until completely combined and creamy..
- Assemble and frost: Soak the sponges generously by sprinkling yakult all over the layer. Cover the cake top with frosting. Top with 2nd layer and spread remaining frosting all over the top and sides..
- Refrigerate cake for at least 30-60 minutes before slicing. This helps the cake hold its shape when cutting..
- Tips - Yakult is a key ingredient and flavor in this recipe. Use Yakult's exclusive or Yakult Light..
For greater convenience, use a cooking spray that has flour in the mix, such as Pam for Baking, Baker's Joy or Crisco No-Stick Flour Spray. I love to frost a Red Velvet Cake with a Cream Cheese Frosting. But the Cream Cheese Frosting I use is a little different than most. This makes the frosting deliciously rich and creamy. Now, Mascarpone cheese is an Italian cheese that is thick, buttery-rich, delicately sweet and velvety.