Chickpeas and Cheese Bruschetta. Inspired by a traditional bruschetta, but using curried chickpeas and shredded mixed cheese instead of mozzarella, this was going to be something that would be perfect with our glass of Rioja. For the curried chickpeas, just use some canned chickpeas, boil them a little to make them soft and mushy. It involves lightly mashing chickpeas and then combining them with sundried tomatoes (with their oil), lemon zest and lemon juice, parsley, olive oil.
If you would like to support. Some of the links in this post might be affiliate links. This means that if you click on the link and make a purchase, I'll Imagine a crispy bruschetta topped with garlicky Mediterranean mashed chickpeas. You can have Chickpeas and Cheese Bruschetta using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chickpeas and Cheese Bruschetta
- Prepare 1 loaf of Baguette Bread.
- It's 1/2 cup of Chole Chickpeas.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Grated Mozzarella.
- You need 1 of Green Capsicum.
- You need 1 of medium Onion.
- It's 12-15 of Black Olives.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- It's 1/2 cup of Spring Onion Greens.
- It's 2 of Garlic pods.
- You need as required of Butter or Olive oil for toasting bread.
It's loaded with garlic, chickpeas and. Here's a tasty twist on bruschetta with tomatillos, chiles, and chickpeas. Top with avocados and cilantro—and knock their socks off! Transfer tomatillos and chiles to blender.
Chickpeas and Cheese Bruschetta instructions
- Soak the Chickpeas overnight. Cook them with a pinch of baking soda for 20 mins. Alternatively you can use tinned garbanzo beans. Drain the water in them and wash once. Pressure cook them with cooking soda for 5 mins..
- Mash the Chickpeas slightly, do not blend them as they should have some texture..
- Add chopped onions, capsicum, Olives, spring onion greens, salt, Italian seasoning, a tsp of olive oil and lemon juice. Mix everything well..
- Cut the garlic pod into half. Squeeze it between your fingers and apply the juice onto the roasted bread directly. This infuses great garlicky taste to the bread..
- Apply a layer of chickpea paste on the bread. Drizzle a few drops of olive oil on it. Toast it again for 2 mins..
- Add grated cheese on the toasts. Sprinkle some more seasonings on the breads. Grill the bread for another minute till the cheese starts melting..
- Enjoy the Chickpeas Cheese Bruschetta as a starter with salad or soups or as is it..
Stir in chopped patties, chickpeas and tomatoes. With a tin of chickpeas in the pantry, yesterday's bread needing to be used, and some bacon, feta and greens from the fridge, you can put together this delicious and easy meal in a matter of Toast or grill bread. Spread each slice with a little of the cheese. Top with a big spoonful of the chickpea mixture. Reduced fat ingredients make this yummy bruschetta especially loveable.