Focaccia meal. This focaccia recipe is as fuss-free as bread recipes go. This recipe leaves so much room for experimentation, too. I've been making so much focaccia at home recently that I've quickly found out.
Serve our rosemary focaccia alongside pasta dishes. This focaccia bread recipe is soft, fluffy and great as an appetizer for Italian dishes. You can eat Focaccia bread any time of the day, with coffee for breakfast, with a glass of wine during meal time. You can cook Focaccia meal using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Focaccia meal
- Prepare 250 g of tipo 00 flour.
- You need 60 ml of evoo.
- Prepare 130 ml of warm water.
- You need 20 g of caster sugar.
- Prepare 10 g of salt.
- You need 20 g of yeast.
- Prepare 150 g of grated Parmesan.
- Prepare 3 of red/Spanish onions, finely sliced.
- Prepare 3 of cherry tomatoes chopped, or a finely sliced red capsicum from a jar.
- You need 15 of mixed olives, stoned and torn in to chunks.
- Prepare leaves of Basil and thyme.
- You need of Pepper to season.
- Prepare 3 tsp of soft brown sugar.
Focaccia is a blank canvas for delicious toppings, so feel free to experiment and get creative. This classic recipe's got fresh rosemary leaves (which get crisp like little herb chips. Chef Randy Feltis takes you into his home and shows you how to make this amazing focaccia recipe! This meal is perfect for anyone stuck inside wanting to.
Focaccia meal step by step
- Finely slice onions and add to a large frying pan with the thyme leaves, 3 teaspoons soft brown sugar and a little oil. Fry, covered, on a low heat for 20-30 minutes until very soft and starting to colour. Then remove lid and continue on a low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add some black pepper..
- Meanwhile, to a large bowl, add flour, olive oil, salt, sugar, yeast and water and mix with a fork. It'll come together to form a moist dough. Turn on to a floured surface and kneed for 5 minutes, then return to bowl and leave covered to prove in a warm place for 20-30 minutes..
- Oven on 180C. Put the dough in a greased pie dish, brush a little oil over the top and make little finger indentations all over. Top evenly with the onions. Add torn olives and sliced tomatoes all over. Add basil leaves. Grate over Parmesan then drizzle with evoo and season with pepper..
- Bake in middle of over for 20-25 minutes. Eat as an accompaniment to soup, with a salad as a meal in itself or with tomatoes and capsicum that have been cooked gently with thyme (peperonata).
Focaccia is a flat oven-baked Italian bread product similar in style and texture to pizza dough. Focaccia can be used as a side to many meals or as sandwich bread. Focaccia al rosmarino (focaccia with rosemary). I call this focaccia because it is baked in that style - flat on a sheet pan, and then cut up into whatever sized pieces you want. It works for toast, sandwiches, and other bready uses.