Chickpea falafel with toasted pita breads and tzatziki. Falafel has long been a favorite Middle Eastern street food. A dish of chickpea fritters often eaten with pita, it's beloved for its crunchy, creamy textural contrast. Transfer to a cutting board and cut in half; carefully open the pockets.
Be it a holiday or a party the Tzatziki is a perfect and healthy appetizers dip to be served for parties. A puffed Bread from whole wheat flour that goes really well for dips above. You can fill it up with the choice of your dips and stuff it with falafel and have it like a. You can cook Chickpea falafel with toasted pita breads and tzatziki using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chickpea falafel with toasted pita breads and tzatziki
- It's 1 (400 g) of can of Chickpeas, drained.
- It's 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need of Drizzle of olive oil.
- You need of Drizzle of garlic infused olive oil.
- It's 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- You need 1 handful of fresh coriander, chopped.
- You need of Flour to dust.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of canola oil.
- It's 1/4 of small red cabbage, chopped.
- It's 4 of radish, sliced finely.
- You need of To garnish fresh coriander.
- You need 1/2 of cucumber, grated.
- You need To taste of salt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It's To taste of pepper.
Homemade Pita Bread and Pita Pockets - Video Recipe by Bhavna. Falafel, Lebanese Falafel stuffed in Pita Bread by Tarla Dalal. Watch how to make Greek tzatziki sauce in this short recipe video. It's so easy to make with simple ingredients, including Greek yogurt, cucumber, fresh herbs, olive oil, lemon and garlic.
Chickpea falafel with toasted pita breads and tzatziki step by step
- Drain the chickpeas from canned brine. And add to a bowl. With a potato masher, mash the chickpeas..
- In a dry pan on medium heat, toast the cumin, cumin seeds, paprika for 1 minute until fragrant. Add to the mashed chickpeas. Then add the garlic, chopped onion, chopped coriander and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine..
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice(reserving the other for the tzatziki) and a good drizzle of olive oil to the chickpea mix, mold to form balls. Dust lightly with flour..
- In a pan, on medium-high heat, heat the oil and fry the falafel until golden brown on both sides. Drain on kitchen paper. For a healthier option, instead of frying, you can bake the falafel in the oven till golden brown..
- To make the tzatziki, grate the cucumber in a small bowl and squeeze out all liquid from the grated cucumber. Once all moisture has been drained, add to this 1/2 cup of plain double cream yoghurt, a drizzle of olive oil, a drizzle of garlic infused olive oil, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Stir to combine..
- Chop the cabbage finely along with the radish..
- To assemble, toast the pita breads in the toaster or oven. Cut in half, and make slits in the middle to form a pocket, add the chickpea falafel balls, spread the tzatziki along the sides add red cabbage and radish. Garnish with fresh coriander and a drizzle of more tzatziki. Enjoy! :).
Squishy warm pita bread and tangy tzatziki sauce are quite possibly the best couple I know. Lorem ispum dolore siamet ipsum dolor. Add chickpeas, parsley, shallot, garlic, sesame seeds, cumin, salt, pepper (and coriander and cardamom if using) to a food processor or blender and mix/pulse to combine, scraping down sides as needed until thoroughly. Toss chickpeas and vinegar in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper. Mash chickpeas with a fork until about half are smashed.