Chicken Chow Mein. This chow mein is just like what you get at your favorite Chinese restaurant! It's made with tender noodles, fresh sauteed veggies, lean chicken, and a simple savory sauce. Chicken Chow Mein is firmly planted in the Noodle Hall of Fame as one of the all time most loved noodles, along with other favourites like Pad Thai, Pad See Ew and Singapore noodles.
Today I am making stir fried chicken chow mein easy. This recipe is similar to the way my local Chinese Take Out restaurant makes it. Chow Mein is usually relegated to being a side dish, but my fresh take on these classic Chinese-American noodles upgrades them to main dish status. You can cook Chicken Chow Mein using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Chow Mein
- It's 500 grams of Chicken thigh fillet, sliced.
- It's 1/2 small of Wombok cabbage, sliced.
- Prepare 1 cup of Red cabbage, sliced.
- It's 1 large of Carrot, julienned.
- It's 1 large of Zucchini, julienned.
- Prepare 1 medium of Brown onion, into thin wedges.
- It's 3/4 cup of Peas and corn.
- Prepare 1 cup of Cauliflower florets.
- Prepare 1/2 of Green pepper, sliced.
- You need 2 of Packets 2 minute noodles, cooked.
- You need 3 stick of Green onion, sliced.
- It's 1/3 cup of Soy sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of Oyster sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Ground cumin.
- You need 1 tbsp of Ground coriander.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Minced ginger.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Minced garlic.
- It's 2 tbsp of Sweet chilli sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of Cracked black pepper.
- It's 2 tsp of Sesame oil.
- You need 1 of Peanut oil for frying.
With big chunks of juicy chicken and a rainbow. Even though chow mein is a popular side dish, we're here to tell you that this is hearty enough to be the main course! With the added protein in the chicken, and so many veggies. This Chicken Chow Mein is an authentic Chinese restaurant quality recipe made with crispy fried noodles, tender chicken, colorful vegetables and the most amazing sauce so you can skip the takeout!
Chicken Chow Mein step by step
- Prepare veggies. Keep brown onion in separate bowl. Keep cabbages in separate bowl. Green onions in another small bowl and all other vegetables in another bowl together..
- Slice chicken and set aside..
- Cook noodles- strain and set aside..
- In a large wok. Add some peanut oil and fry brown onion for two minutes on high heat. Add garlic and ginger and cook for a further minute, stirring continuously. Remove and set aside..
- Now stir fry chicken in batches and set aside with onion..
- I like to clean the wok now by adding water, bring to the boil and clean wok with a plastic egg flip. Tip out water and you are right to continue..
- Add some more peanut oil and and stir fry veggies (carrot, capsicum, zucchini, cauliflower, peas and corn) for 3 minutes..
- Add sauces and spices. Stir well..
- Add cabbage and stir fry for a further 3 minutes, stirring all the while..
- When you are happy that veggies are cooked to your liking, return the cooked chicken- onion- noodles. Stir well and serve..
Chicken Chow Mein is a traditional Chinese stir fry dish. It's made with cabbage, carrots and bean sprouts, but you'll occasionally see one or two other veggies added to the mix, along with some protein. Delish.com's Chicken Chow Mein will take less time than ordering take-out. Chow mein is our go-to for all types of meals, from an easy dinner to a serious hangover. Today I'm sharing all my tips and tricks for how to make chicken chow.