Crockpot Tikka masala. I am obsessed with chicken tikka masala and let's be real — Indian food for that matter. I always look to create restaurant favorites at home and this slow cooker chicken tikka masala is one of those. Marinating the chicken in some yogurt while sautéing the onions and garlic with the spices helps both flavor the chicken, tenderize it, and help make a thicker finished.
A crock pot version of chicken tikka masala has been on my To Make list for a long time. First off, it's my favorite Indian dish. Secondly, I feel like Indian food in general turns out superbly in the crock pot. You can cook Crockpot Tikka masala using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Tikka masala
- You need 3 lbs of Frozen chicken.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- It's 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1/4 of garam masala paste (bought at Indian food store).
- It's 1 can of crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 Tbsp of chili powder.
- It's 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 cup of plain yogurt.
- You need 1/2 cup of flour (to thicken sauce if needed).
- It's 1/4 cup of cilantro.
With this Crockpot Chicken Tikka Masala, you can have a delicious Indian dinner ready for you when you get home from work! This Crockpot Chicken Tikka Masala is sweet, spicy, and sooooo easy to make! My crockpot chicken curry is one of my most popular recipes, so when I was planning the recipes for my Crockpot. Jag har kommit på att det enklaste sättet att göra en perfekt Tikka är att göra den i en slowcooker.
Crockpot Tikka masala instructions
- Place chicken, butter, onion, garlic, and tomatoes in crockpot..
- Mix the rest of the ingredients to make the sauce. Pour over chicken in crockpot and seal the lid.
- Cook on high for 5 hours or low for 8 hours. If sauce needs to be thickened, stir in flour.
- Serve with Cilantro, Steamed rice, and baked naan for the full experience!.