Moussaka. Here is a great recipe for moussaka, a Greek dish. It includes sliced eggplant baked in a ground beef sauce and then smothered in a thin white sauce. The wonderful Akis Petretzikis has a fantastic moussaka recipe using baked vegetables instead of fried to make it that little bit lighter.
Moussaka is to the Eastern Mediterranean what lasagna is to Italy: A very rich, special casserole that is perfect for The best way to make moussaka is in steps. Start with the meat sauce, and while that is. Indulge in a Greek-style moussaka, made with aubergines and lamb, packed with herbs and topped with two types of cheese. You can cook Moussaka using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Moussaka
- You need 1 of onion chopped.
- You need 500 g of mince.
- You need 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of beef stock cube.
- You need 1 of Augergine sliced.
- Prepare 2 of potatoes peeled and sliced.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 500 g of greek yoghurt.
- It's 100 g of cheddar cheese grated.
Greek Moussaka recipe - A delicious taste of Greece. To prepare a traditional Greek Moussaka recipe, luscious layers of juicy beef mince (or lamb) are cooked in a tomato based sauce, layered with. An authentic, delicious recipe for Eggplant Moussaka- perfect for entertaining or serving at a special gathering. Moussaka by Greek chef Akis Petretzikis!
Moussaka step by step
- Heat oven to 180°C. Boil a pan of water ready for potatoes. Fry onion and mince until browned through (I cook in batches and drain any excess fat).
- Once browned through sprinkle oxo cube over the mince and mix in..
- Add tin of tomatoes, stir through then put a lid on and cook at low heat for 5 minutes..
- Add sliced potatoes to boiled water and cook for 5 minutes (do not over cook).
- Transfer mince to oven proof dish. Drain potatoes, leave on side to cool..
- Brush sliced aubergine with Olive oil and fry in batches..
- Layer potato on top of mince, layer aubergine on top of potato..
- Mix 2 eggs with greek yoghurt and pour over the aubergine..
- Sprinkle cheese over the top. Place in oven for 30 to 40 mins until bubbly..
Are you ready to try one of the most amazingly delicious Authentic Greek Moussaka. It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts. This moussaka is mostly authentic with a couple of twists for added flavor. Many very traditional versions of moussaka use a layer of potatoes. Most modern versions do not which is a shame.