Amazing aubergine and halloumi pie. Bake this veggie pie for a meat-free Monday - you can feed the family and still have leftovers for lunch the next day. Serve with a handful of salad leaves. This aubergine, tomato & halloumi pie is a great midweek pie for the family.
Score fine lines over the top with your knife to decorate, making sure you don't pierce the. The halloumi is layered on top of tomato and aubergine. The halloumi is layered on top of tomato and aubergine and cooked until browned and crispy. You can cook Amazing aubergine and halloumi pie using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Amazing aubergine and halloumi pie
- Prepare 1 packet of filo pastry.
- You need 6 of big or 8 medium aubergines.
- Prepare 250 of halloumi cheese, finely grated.
- You need 200 gr of cheddar cheese, finely grated.
- Prepare 200 gr of cypriot lountza, or any type of smoked ham.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oregano.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- It's 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- You need of salt/ pepper.
- You need of for the yogurt sauce.
- Prepare 200 gr of yogurt, Greek style.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need of salt/pepper.
Over here we're all about delicious healthy recipes to fit around busy schedules and celebrating the joy that comes from an amazing meal. Includes eggplant, olive oil, chestnut mushrooms, garlic, spring onions, lemon zest, chillies, cumin seed, eggs, halloumi, walnuts, sea salt, ground black pepper, phyllo pastry, butter, greek yogurt, eggs. Make the most of aubergines by deep-frying in breadcrumbs until crisp and golden before stuffing in a burger bun with grilled halloumi and harissa mayo. This recipe for aubergine pie with mushroom and smoked halloumi utilising three things I am currently very.
Amazing aubergine and halloumi pie instructions
- Cut thinly the aubergines lengthwise and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and bake for 15 minutes or until soft. Let them cool..
- Meanwhile, grate the halloumi cheese and cheddar and cut the ham in long strips..
- Prepare the yogurt sauce by placing all the ingredients in a bowl and mixing well. I would advise you not to use a lot of salt as both the cheeses used are salty..
- Oil the baking tray that you will use (either a long pyrex type or a round tin with a removable bottom will do) and start placing the filo sheets. Each one you add needs to be oiled. Place six sheets for the bottom and then start placing the aubergines.Season with salt and pepper..
- On top of the aubergines, add half of the grated cheeses and all of the smoked ham and season with some oregano. Cover with another filo sheet and pour a bit of the yogurt sauce..
- To create the second layer of the pie, add the remaining aubergines and grated cheeses, season with salt, pepper and oregano and cover the pie with the remaining filo sheets, oiling them as you go along..
- Pre heat the oven at 190°C.
- Pour the rest of the yogurt sauce on top of the pie, covering it all..
- Bake minimum for one hour or until the bottom and top of the pie is nicely golden..
Meatless Monday: Aubergine, Mushroom & Smoked Halloumi Pie With Whole Wheat Filo - Ramsons & Bramble. Griddle the aubergines a day ahead. Store covered with olive oil in an airtight box; keep cool. Trim and discard the tops from the Lay an aubergine slice, lengthways, on a board. Place a strip of pepper, a piece of halloumi and a basil leaf onto the top end of the slice, then.