Chicken Tortilla Soup. This chicken tortilla soup is quick to make, flavorful, and filling, plus it freezes well. Garnish with avocado, Monterey Jack cheese, or green onion! Simmer a recipe for spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup from Food Network that's loaded with fire-roasted tomatoes, black beans, jalapenos and more.
Drop your dinner plans and make it tonight! It's made with crispy fried strips of corn tortillas in a tomato-based Mexican soup with chicken stock, chiles, avocado, Jack cheese, cilantro and lime. Chicken tortilla soup, with its spicy tomato broth, crunchy tortilla chips, and gooey cheese, has long been one of my favorite dishes to order at Mexican restaurants. You can have Chicken Tortilla Soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Tortilla Soup
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Canola Oil.
- Prepare 1 of Onion, diced.
- You need 2 of Garlic Cloves, minced.
- You need 2 Teaspoons of Cumin.
- Prepare 2 Teaspoons of Oregano.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Salt.
- It's 45 Oz. of Cannellini Beans.
- Prepare 20 Oz. of Diced Tomatoes w/ Habaneros.
- You need 15 Oz. of Cream of Corn.
- Prepare 15 Oz. of Whole Kernel Corn.
- You need 15 Oz. of Black Beans.
- Prepare 8 of Chicken Thighs, shredded (or 2 breasts).
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of Lime Juice.
- Prepare 1 Bag of Blue Corn Tortilla chips.
- Prepare 2 of Habanero peppers, diced.
I never even thought to make it at. Chicken tortilla soup is one of my favorite kinds of soup. Lately I've been getting chicken tortilla soup almost weekly at a local restaurant. Chicken Tortilla Soup is one of my favorites because there's so much going on.particularly at the end when you add the gorgeous toppings.
Chicken Tortilla Soup instructions
- Heat canola oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Add chicken(cut into strips or cubes). Add cumin, oregano, and salt. Cover, let cook till chicken is browned on both sides, stirring occasionally..
- Meanwhile, take 30 Oz. of your cannellini beans and puree until smooth. Don't drain out the liquid!.
- In a crockpot, add the pureed beans, remaining cannellini beans, diced tomatoes, habaneros, cream of corn, whole kernel corn, and black beans...
- Take chicken and shred it finely. Then add to pot. Turn on low, cook for 6-8 hours..
- Add lime juice, season to taste. Crush some tortilla chips as a topping.
Here is a delicious way to make chicken tortilla soup. You can garnish with many ingredients to suit your needs and make this a meal. By Jennifer Segal, inspired by Tommy Bahama Tropical Café. A silky purée of vegetables, tortillas and spices, this chicken tortilla soup is hearty enough to serve as a meal. Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup - a fast and flavorful recipe that can be made using dry or canned beans, and using fresh or frozen thighs, or breast meat.